5} A beginning to a new friendship

I feel bad leaving Ren alone by himself to navigate the school, but I'm sure he'll find someone. We have 2 minutes to get homeroom so I wish them goodbye. I take out out my schedules and see I have AP English language and composition after homeroom, that's the class I have with Willard. Me and him talked about both our schedules to see which ones we had together. We only had three or two.

I walk to my homeroom and see most kids I know. I have no problems with anyone at this school which is good, well actually there's this one girl but that story is for later. I talk to a lot of people and then all of the sudden see Ren coming straight through the door. I decided to sit next to him and chat.

"We'll all be damned, didn't know you were in my homeroom."

"Yeah I guess I am" he replies.

"How you liking it here in Bomont?" I say trying to make small talk.

"It's alright I guess." he says," "The rules are pretty strict though which I hate."

"I know but that is what apparently 'keeps us safe.'" I say that last part in a mimicking voice. That gets a laugh out of him. Ren was about to speak again when the announcements went off.

"Good morning Bomont High!" Today is September 10 hope you guys are having a nice morning please stand for the pledge." We stand up we say the pledge and sit back down for the rest of the announcements and ends with "Bomont high school have a great day go panthers!"

Finally the announcements are done.

We have 5 minutes till the end of class so we all just talk. Once the bell rings we all walk out. I go to my locker that is next to Ariel and Rusty to put my cheer and lunch bag in there. I also get some textbooks.

"Howdy" I hear Willard say.

"Howdy wanna be cowboy!" I say back.

"How's your morning going Georgie?"

"Good, talked to new guy."

"Oh really how nice" he says "Walk with me to english?"

"Of course Willy" we walked and talk until I saw Rusty.

"Hey Will I'm just going to go across to say hi to Rusty wait for me?"

"Of course." he said.

Then I hear Willard and turn to see he bumped into Ren.

"Hey watch where you're going, little guy." Willard says.

"Sorry man I didn't see you." Ren responses.

Then Willard goes on " Hey it's like driving. Stick with the flow of the traffic, numbnuts. " Oh my gosh Willard and his comments.

"Willard be nice." I say

Ren buts in," Maybe if you weren't wearing all that camouflage I could see you. You should get one of them orange vest so hunters don't shoot you."

Oh now Willard is riled up. "An orange vest? I don't wear orange man cause I'm not a Tennessee fan. I'm a Georgia Bulldog." That was one the reasons he wanted to talk to me in the first place, cause my first name is Georgia.

Then Willard has the audacity to say "Where you from you talk funny?"

So I decided to speak up, "Willard what the actual heck." I don't think Will actually knows what a normal accent is. Will has a country accent like me. We have only been in this town where country accents are the norm. Of course he thinks how Ren talks is weird.

Ren responds to him completely ignoring me,"I talk funny? I talk funny? You should hear you from my end. I'm from Boston."

Willard stares at him.

Ren talks again, "Massachusetts? It's in the United States?" Okay now this guy has pissed me off.

"Yes we know that, we may be from a small town, but we don't have small minds." I say directly at him.

Willard just says, "Yea, I read that somewhere." C'mon Willard stop acting like this. Willard is actually one of the smartest people I know. Instead of being mad his expression changes. He has a smirk on his face and tells Ren, "What's up man, I'm Willard."

Ren doesn't respond very quickly but after a few seconds says," I'm Ren. MacCormack."

"Nice to meet you" Willard says. "Here is one of my best friends Georgia." He says while pulling me by the arm.

"Yeah I met her before, she's friends with Ariel and she said she liked my tie."

"Oh yeah, well my full name is Georgia Parsons." I say remembering this morning.

"Well nice to know."

Willard grabs the paper out of his hands "Let me see this. Literature and Composition. That's this way follow us."

"People give you shit about that tie yet?" Willard says. I laugh.

Ren responds "Nah but the day just started."

"Me and Georgia right here are in AP so ours is right across from yours." Willard tells Ren.

"And here is your class." I tell him with a smile on my face.

"See you guys around." Ren says. Me and Willard walk to our class room and take a seat.

I tell Will," He seems nice."

"Yeah, I think he'll fit in great once he loses the attitude."

"Oh my gosh Willard you can't talk." We both start laughing. "I'm sure it's a beginning to a new friendship." we both quite down ready for our class to start.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆