21} Helping others is the best thing to do

Right now me and Ren are in the library trying to find some evidence to help us win our cause.

"Can I help you with something?" The librarian asks. Oh great it's the same librianin that got us in trouble.

"You guys got city records down here? Like local ordinances? Anything like that?" Ren asks.

"What do you want with those?"

"I wanna read them." Ren tells him,"Isn't that what you do in libraires other than get stoned?" I nudge him. "What Georgia!" Then all I do is give him a look. He gives us a book called 'Bomont City Ordinances.' So, we both start to read and take all the notes we can.

"You will not believe what your boyfriend did!" Woody tells me. Willard, Woody, and I were just coming out of our practices.

"What did he do this time?" I say.

"Coach was talking and while we were in our starting positions, this kid just starts grooving!"

"Grooving." I ask him.

"Then Coach told him to give him 2 laps and this kid shimys in a circle!" Now I start laughing.

"Are you serious Will?" I ask him.

"What! I was dancing, and I loved it!"

Now Will and I are joining Ren to get some copy of these posters we made. They were yellow and had red writing that said, "Oppose the Dance Ban!" Then Will starts dancing like crazy and we had to make a run for it almost getting in trouble by the same librian again.

"You gotta stop doing that!" I tell him.

All of start putting up these posters hoping everyone will read then. We put on in every single inch of the school, so you can't miss it. In between Willard would make us all dance again. He even grabbed all the posters and threw them to the ground. Let's just say it took a long time to pick them all up again, and he was the one doing it all.

Now we are in Ren's backyard and he giving us a little performance. The girls are here too cheering him on screaming, "Go Willard! Go Willard!" He just looked so happy.

I was sitting on my bed doing homework when I get a call from Ariel.

"Hey Ar-"

"Georgia pl-please come to the church." I can tell from her voices that she's crying.

"I'll be there in 5." I tell her and hang up the phone. I rushed downstairs and got into my moms car. I get into the church and see her sitting there all alone crying. I run up to her and give her a hug.

After a while I ask,"What's wrong? You wanna talk about?"

"We got in a fight." She says, "A physical one." I could see her bruises. I go and grab some things that might help her. When I'm back I see her mother is here.

"You're okay baby. Just don't worry, my angel." She tells Ariel. I feel so bad. I can see whoever did this really hurt her and I unfortunately know who. This Chuck mother fucker will pay. Karma is a bitch. Her dad comes in and is just in shock. He is covered in water probably from the terrible storm outside.

"That son of a bitch." He says and I give out a little giggle.

"Careful, daddy your in church." Ariel says. I know she is hurting, and I can't stand to look at her like this.

"Look at me. Look at me.Look at me." Her dad repeats. He sees all the bruises. One is on her eye, well most of them are on her eyes and I think one on the lip. "Did Ren McCormick do this to you?" All Ariel does is roll her eyes. "Answer me!"

"Let's keep calm." Her mother chimes in and I think it's for the best. "We don't even know what happened."

"Yes I agree." I say quietly, but loud enough to hear.

"Our daughter has been assaulted, Vi. I'm calling the police. I want him in handcuffs." Reverend says. All I want is for the right person to be in the handcuffs and we both know it's not Ren. I give Ariel a look that says to just tell him it's not Ren. Her dad starts to walk away.

"I can see how that works for you. Blame everything on Ren just like you blamed everything on Bobby." Ariel screams. Oh no. I see this is not going to turn out good. I want to leave but I can't, I know she needs me here. Now the reverend has turned around to look at her.

"What?" Is all he could get out.

"Bobby spent his whole life trying to make you proud. He made good grades. He went to church every sunday, and God help him because he made one mistake? Now nobody remembers the good things about Bobby, all they remember is that damm accident!" I agree, this shouldn't have been all put on Bobby. I go and I grab her shoulders just so she knows I'm here. Once I do, she puts a hand on my mine. She continues, "Why don't we have a school dance? It's because of Bobby! Why do we have this stupid curfew? Because of Bobby! Bobby is to blame for all this bullshit!"

"Lower your voice, talk in a civil tone." He says, now charging at her.

"Let's not do this here." Her mom says trying to calm them Botha

"Yes let's please not." I agree. Now Ariel has gotten out of my grip and faced her mom.

"Why? Isn't this my church? Isn't it?! Isn't this where we are supposed to talk about our problems? It's been three damn years, so why don't we start talking?!" Then it goes silent. "I have been so lost... I've been losing my mind. You don't even see it! You don't even care."

"Of course I do. Of course we care." Her dad tells her. What I been hearing breaks my heart. Because I have seen it and I haven't done anything. That is a bad friend. "We don't expect you to understand everything we do that's intended to keep you safe-"

"Oh stop it! I hate it when you treat me like a child." She pushes him away.

"Well whether you like it or not young lady, you are my child!"

"I'm not even a virgin!" She says. Oh shit, it just got real. We all stand in silence, but I could see her father's face fall into more anger.

"Please, please don't talk like that in here-" Now his voice is quite, hurt, and toned down.

"Why? What are you gonna do? Pass another law?" Now she is all up in his face. "Cause that sure as hell didn't keep him out of my panties-" and then it happened. He slapped her right across the face.

"Shawn!" His wife screamed. I ran to her and held her in my arms. How can such a man do that. She let go after a few seconds now with more anger than before.

" Well, let's go get that guy who blackened my eye, cause we don't hit girls in Bomont do we daddy?" Then she left the church.

"Ariel please. Please I didn't mean too." he begged. He was going to go after her but his wife held him back.

"No, you stay here. You've done enough." So her mother and I made our way to go comfort Ariel. Once we catched up to her I hugged her so deeply.

"I'm sorry." Is all I can say.

"I-It's fine." Then after a while her mom comes and tells me to talk to Ariel later. I don't argue. All I do is say goodbye and make my way home.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
AN: Hey guys so umm it's been a while. Finally updated and am motivated to finally finish the book (Which I will)!