18} Petion time

Willard invited me, to hang out with him and Ren. They were cleaning his car and I would not pass up a chance to see Willard shirtless and another plus is that he would be wet so... win, win!

"I don't believe this town. I bring Ariel home past her curfew, and reverend Moore is all up in my uncle's grill making treats." Ren tells us.

"Yeah. Well, you know what it is? You got an attitude problem." Willard replies.

Ren straightens up, " I got an attitude problem?'

" Yeah, you got an attitude problem. Every chance you get your bad-mouthing this town. I know were small-time, but we got satellites and cell phones like everyone else. alright we are making processes."

I butt in and say, "I agree. We might not be a city town, but I wouldn't trade it for the world." Willard looks at me and smiles.

"Don't talk to me about progress.  I've been here for 4 months and I haven't seen one wet t-shirt contest." Ren says annoyed.

He tells him, "Oh, I know. I don't know what's up with that. That's not me."

"And why would you want one of those contest Will?" I ask him now very intrigued.

He says straight into my eyes, "Duh, if there was one I would encourage you the most to do it. I wouldn't mind being the one spraying water. If you would do it I would definitely be in."

"Will!" I say, slapping his arm.

"What you asked!" She says.

Ren continues, "Probably some stupid law against it."

"I tell you what. You get a petition for that, I'd sign that. Because if we can't have braless, wet women here in Bomont, the terrorist win." Willard tells him.

"Willard I don't think you know how mad your getting me." I tell him crossing my arms. He comes up behind me and gives me a big wet hug. "Ugh Will your all wet!"

"I know sweetheart." He whispers,"That's the whole point. The only girl I'd want to see is you. Not that I haven't but.." he gives me a light kiss on my neck and then Ren ruins the whole freaking moment.

Ren says, "Okay can y'all do that later, like I'm still here! Anyways, that's not a bad idea Will."

"Huh?" Will says very confused.

"We could start are own petition. Challenge the law against public dancing. Why not? Then we could just organize our own dance. I mean didn't you miss not having homecoming. I'm not talking about some drunken kegger or free-for-all orgy."

Will exclaims, "That right there? That's an idea!"

"I'm talking about a formal, respectable dance. One that's not held in the church, with everyone's eyes on you."

I say, "We could have it in the Bomont lockup. Cause' Ren what your talking about is against the law."

"Well let me tell you something about the law. It's mean to be challenged. Nothing is set in stones. "

"The ten commandments were. What's your smart-aleck reply to that?" Will says.

"My smart-aleck reply? I mean you finally got the girl and you couldn't even take her to a school dance. That's my reply. I mean how long have you wanted her. This is your last year use it." Ren says. Will stays silent and then looks at me.

"Your right. For once. I want to take you to a dance Georgia. I always did and you know what this time I will." I love how he says it with so much enthusiasm. He goes and  picks me up hugging me. Then Ren goes and sprays us both with water. I have water all on me now. So we both let go and I spray water back at him.

"Hey, C'mon, man. Hey!" Willard says running away from Ren. I grab the bucket of water and throw it over Wills head.

"You want that wet t-shirt contest, come and get it!" He comes at me with a spray water machine and sprays me all over. Then I decided to do something that will get him upset but, that what you get when you get me upset first. I take off my shirt and am left in my bra. Unfortunately I forgot Will gave me a hickey. So Will is wide eyed and Ren dying of laughter.

"Hey Will I see you got real in there didn't you." Will comes up from behind to cover me.

He whispers in my ear, " I don't really think you want to mess with me sweetheart. " It sends shivers down my spine and he just softly nibbles my ear, "You'll see." Then he goes and continues his water fight with Ren, while still keeping me covered. 

"The price of a dog license will go from 10 dollars to 15 dollars. A licensed pet is a happy one." Woody, Ren, Willard and I went to a court statement so after we could tell them Ren's announcement.

Woody looks back at us and says, "All right. Well, they just finished. If you was gonna make make your move, this is were to do it."

The court leader finishes, "It is at this time we will take any new business or concerns. Come down to the podium, state your name and address. Anyone? This meeting is adjourned."   He then pounds the gravel meaning the meeting is done and everyone can leave. We wait at the end of the stairs for them and thank goodness they came by.

Ren calls, "Reverend Moore! It's Ren McCormack. Wesley's nephew?"

Reverend says, "Yes, Ren. I know who you are."

"Yeah well I figured you did. Wes told me you two had a talk."

"There was a conversation between your uncle and myself, but, uh it wasn't meant for your ears."

Ren responds to him, "There's a lot of that going on in this town. It's like that saying, the one about the children how's it go?"

Principle Rodgers responds, "That they're better seen than heard?"

"Yeah. Well I just wanted to let you know that i'm starting a petition to challenge the ordinance prohibiting public dancing. I just wanted to make sure my intentions were clear." Ren says. Then they are quite for a second.

Reverend Moore speaks up and says, "Well... Good day, Ren."We all go up to him.

"Hooye," Woody says, "Showdown with the preacher man!"

"You got balls the size of coconuts." Willard adds.

Then Ren tells him, "Listen to me, you corn-fed hick. If I got to stand up in front of the city council and make my case, y'all gonna learn how to dance." While he said that I made a realization.

"That why you never danced! Why did I not see it! I'm so stupid! Will why didn't you just say that?" I tell him putting my arms around him.

Will looks at me and says, "Well that would be embarrassing saying that I can't dance. I would be a loser."

"Well your my loser." I say and give him a kiss.