6} Working on the drills

The Bell rang meaning it was time for my second class. 

While I was getting up I hear Willard say, "See you at P.E Georgie." He winked at the last part. Gosh how I love that wink. We both say goodbye and I head to French. I was in honors cause My family has some French blood in there from my grandma. No one beats her teaching. 

{After French Class} 

Me and Willard went outside to P.E and I was ranting to him about my class. 

"Can you believe it Willard the stupid teacher brought up my sister again. She was like let's say a little prayer before we start in French for Georgia's sister in heaven, like this thing happened 3 years ago can she just not mention it every single day. Then at the end of class made me stay a few more minutes because she wanted to check in if I was okay cause I looked a little down. Like of course I'm not completely okay but that doesn't mean I need a social worker all in my business. Sorry for the rant Willy, I just had to get it out of my system."

 "It's ok, I understand why your mad I would be too. But you got to know she is doing it with a good heart."

 I was about to speak but then he interrupted me. 

"Before you speak I am saying this because when the accident first started you didn't show up to school for two weeks and whenever someone wanted to talk about it to you, you would either ignore them, change the subject, or just walk away."

 Wait hold on. Me and Willard didn't know each other by then. Should I bring it up? Yes I should, or what if it destroys our friendship you know what screw it this year is about taking risk so I will take one.  

I spoke again, "Hey Will, we didn't know each other by that time, how did you know about that?"

 Will stood quite for a second and then said, "Everyone was talking about you and Ariel so everyone kind of knew who you were, and you were in my math class remember." Oh my I do, that was so stupid why did I just do that.

 "Oh yeah" I said softly, "I remember sorry for asking."

 "No it's totally ok." He replied. Well that was awkward.

"Oh look there's MacCormack, we should go say hi." I'm so glad he said that, the awkward tension was just rising by the minute. 

I agreed and went with Willard to the field. 

Willard's POV._._._.

I lied, the reason I knew that she got out for two weeks is cause I saw her everyday in the hallway with her beautiful light brown hair. I wondered how to have hair as soft as hers.  At football practice I would look at her at cheer practice cheering her on in my head. She was a flyer so it was easy to see her. She also always sat in front of me in math. Instead of paying attention she would braid her hair. One day when they said who would attend the schools math extra help group she raised her hand so I raised mine. And that my friends is how I met my best friend, the girl I am in love with. 

"Hey Ren" I say, "Didn't know we were in the same gym class."

 "Me either" he said. 

Coach spoke up and said "Boys and girls will be separated. We will start the boys up first then the girls, I expect my football boys to be in shape and ready to go. So go separate and warm up. Now!" He yelled as he blew his whistle. 

Oh that whistle and how much I wanted to throw it on the ground and step on it. Ren and I go to one side and I see Georgia talking to this blond headed chick. Georgia is stretching her splits probably for today's tryouts. I also get to see her then and cheer my cheerleader on. I don't think she needs luck though,  we all know she will make it. 

Me and Ren stand in a line waiting to run. Basically we run touch the mark and run back easy.

 "First group on your mark and.." Fweet! The whistle blows and they start running. Coach is screaming "keep that head down, keep that head down!"  We were part of the second group so once they ran back we ran and so on and so forth.

 I turn to Ren and say " I'm gonna smoke your butt man." 

He quickly responds "You think so?" 

"I know so, your butts getting smoked bro." The guys come and Ren just shoots off. Damn he fast. He was in the lead I really couldn't catch up. I almost slid touching the mark and I could see Georgia spit out a giggle. Oh I love her and her giggles.

 I hear Georgia cheering me on, "C'mon Willard!" and I just try to go faster.

By the end of the drill were all sweating so coach allowed us to get water from the hose.

 Coach says, "Get your water and don't gulp it down! Warm it up in your mouth." Two swallows then the monkey bars." Oh my god will this man ever shut up and also why do we have to do those stupid bars.

 Woody is one of my great friends who is also on the football team. While I'm getting my drink he tells me, "You looking a little flushed there Willard."

"My cheeks are naturally ruddy, man." I respond.

"Maybe it's because he was trying to impress his little girl right there." Ren says while pointing to Georgia. That makes Woody laugh and then I realized I haven't introduced them. 

While Ren is taking his two gulps I say, "Ren, this is Woody our team captain. You don't got to salute him."

 When Ren's done he says," What's up, man? Nice to meet you. How's it going?" I left them two to talk and went straight back to Georgia.

Georgia's POV._._._.

I was done doing my drills when I see wet sweaty Willard coming my way. Oh no. He picks me up into a hug and gets me all wet.

"Omg what the heck Willard now I have your sweat!" 

"It's okay though, right darling?" he says while making this adorable face. 

"Only because you made that face." 

" What did you do in gym?" he asked. 

"Well just worked on some drills." I say sarcastically, he does a little giggle.

"Well I'm going to go to the locker room and change I'll see you at lunch." Willard said while walking back. 

"Okay see you then!" I scream. 

**✿❀❀✿****✿❀❀✿**

A/N

Hey guys how did you like the POV change? I think I might do it for the rest of the book, so yeah.