9} That's just the law

After the boys football practice I said bye too Ariel and Rusty. Will, Ren, Woody, and I got into the car to go to Ren's house. I have already been their because they are our family friends and his cousins are my sisters friend. We get there and while Will and Woody go with Ren to his garage I go and say hi to the girls.

"Hi Girls!" I tell them and they all come and give me a hug. "How are you guys!"

"Were good!" they both respond.

Immediately they say "Where's Amelia? Where's Amelia?"

"Sorry girls she's at home i'll bring her next time though okay?"

"Okay!" they respond with smiles on their faces.

"I'm going to go hang out with your cousin okay?"

"Okay bye Gigi" they said back to me.

"Bye" I said and gave them a last hug.

I get to the garage and see all the boys. Willard is leaning on Ren's yellow car but, the engine was revving.

Willard says, "Yeah, give it a little bit of gas. Yeah, that sounds about good. Cut it."

Ren gets out of the car. He then turns to me and says, "What's the deal with the preacher's daughter? I mean is she worth all the attitude." Ariel does sometimes has an attitude with new people so I understand where he is coming from.

"She is just like that it's her personality, when you get to know her she really can be soft and sweet. It just takes some time." I tell him.

Woody speaks up and says, "I hear, back in the day she used to be a goody two-shoes." I remember that but at that point we weren't so close. " Now she fronts like some hellraiser. Wearing her tight jeans and everything." I don't think remember I'm here and she is still my best friend.

"Hey I thought this was a hangout not a bash my friend time." I say crossing my arms.

Will then says with a catalog in his hands, "Man, you could put a quarter in that girl's back pocket and tell if it's it heads or tails."

"Excuse me Willard, what did you just say!" At this point I'm getting a little mad.

"What Georgia, it's true. I would tell you that if you were doing it but you don't. You are just a pretty perfect girl who has a good reputation." he says back. Wait, did he just call me pretty and perfect. I think he realises what he said cause his face gets all red and he buries his face with it.

To make him not feel awkward I say, "Aw thanks Will, you know I think that's the nicest thing you have ever said to me. Just next time I might take it when your not bashing my friend." He just stares.

"Anyways why? You're trying to knock boots with her, aren't you?" I say raising an eyebrow at Ren.

"No" he says

"Yes you are!" Willard says smiling, "He is!" he says nudging Woody.

"I'm just curious, I ain't trying to bang her or take her ballroom dancing." Ren says.

"Well that would be pretty hard, being that that's against the law." Now I think Ren's confused.

"What? Banging a preacher's daughter?" He responds.

"No" Woody tells him, "Public dancing is against the law if your under 18 in Bomont."

"Shut up!" Ren says. Everyone stays quite."Wait, wait, wait. Jump back." Ren says breaking the silence. "Are you kidding me? Dancing is against the law?"

Willard answers his question saying, "Yeah man. We got laws up the poop chute around here. You know I can't even bring a bandana to school, because they think I'm in a gang." I start laughing which makes him give a giggle and a cute stare. "If my face gets all sweaty, I got to use the back of my hand and let me tell you something. This country was built on bandanas." He makes his way to go stand next to me.

Ren then says, "So your telling me Bomont High doesn't have a prom?"

I decided to speak this time," Well, you know... They got the Fall Ball, right? So all the churches get together and put it on."

Willard finishes my statement,"The whole town shows up and everyone's eyes are on you to make sure your dancing at least six inches away from your girl." He grabs me and him a water.

"Thank you" I tell him.

"No problem" he says back with a smile.

Woody adds," You gotta add another two inches for me though." Then me and him just start laughing.

"Oh my gosh Woody" I say to him while hitting his shoulder.

Then Will starts again,"And, for one song they make you.. They make you dance with your mother. I mean talk about a boner killer." he said that last part waving his finger at Ren.

"Okay, but I mean it's cute. I remember you and your mom Willard. Oh she was so happy and you were just so out of it. " I say laughing.

"Cause I was!" He said playfully rolling his eyes at me, giving me a reassuring smile at the end.

"Oh and the school doesn't want to have dance on their property." Woody says, "They uh... they say they don't want to be held liable." The last part he says in quotes.

Ren blows up and says,"They don't wanna be held liable for what?" I know where this is going so Woody looks at me and I nod my head. Willard comes back over to me a puts his arms around me. I put my head lying on his shoulder and it feels quite nice, almost like I could stay there forever.

Woody continues,"Five seniors died in a car crash coming home from a dance, and that's when the whole town went crazy." I got a little sad but didn't tear up. "They started blaming it on the liquor, the music, the dancing. After a while people started thinking dancing was a sin."

Before I had time to speak Ren says,"But were talking about the law here? Not heaven and hell?"

"Yeah I hope all those kids went to heaven though, especially  her." I thought I said it in my head but when saw everyone looking at me I knew I spoke it out loud. "I'm sorry I thought I said that in my head."

"No" Ren says,"I.. I'm sorry for your lost."

"Thank you, she was one of them, one of them blamed, one of them killed." Willard pulled me in closer for that last part.

"Thank you." I told him in a whisper.

"I will always be here for you and I know you know that but I like saying it." He says in the same tone while smiling. He then let's go of me and goes to the weight bench.

"Yeah take that up with Reverend Moore." Wills says. Then he starts lighting the weights and starts saying, "I'm a machine. I'm a machine." All I could do was laugh. Ugh how I missed these days with him.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆