Chapter 18

We're on our way to a place I've unfortunately been many times before. Once we arrive at the local bar in The Hague, I ask Jesse to stay in the car. This is not something I want him to witness. 

I get out of his car and close the door as I hear him getting out as well. I look at him while frowning and he just shrugs as he locks his car. 

Why did I even bother asking?

I walk inside trying to spot the mess I have to clean up, Jesse following my trail, staying closely behind me. If he weren't so cute I'd think he was my own personal pitbull. 

I find him at the bar, being slumped over a barstool, a drink in his right hand, a cigarette in his left. Smoking has been forbidden in bars and restaurants for a few years now, but he never seemed to care about that anyway. Or about other people, period. 

Wow, that was mean Rob... I think to myself as I try to calm this sudden anger rising up my spine. 

That is when I notice I have felt this exact same feeling before. I look behind me and find nothing but fire scorching in Jesse's eyes. It's his rage that I feel. I knew that our connection was intense, but I would have never imagined it to be this fierce. 

I stop moving for a second and when I feel Jesse closing in on me I grab his wrist. I don't want to cause any trouble, especially here, I have had to do enough explaining to the police in this joint for one lifetime. 

I can feel his rage simmer down through our touch. My heart rate is rising from feeling his skin on mine and the apprehension that comes with being in this place, but I need to focus. I can't have two men whose mess I need to clean up, one is enough for the night...

I look Jesse in the eyes and he gives me a nod. I can still sense he's not fully comfortable, but I don't blame him because I'm not either. He's calm enough I guess. 

I proceed to make my way to the bar as I spot Thierry's sister behind it. I walk up to her to retrieve some answers, but the only thing she can tell me is that her shift just started and she found him here like this, again. 

Apparently, he's been bothering a few of the other customers, and security threatened to throw him out on multiple occasions. I ask her why they haven't yet, and she tells me that they're scared of him and how he might abuse his power against them. 

I don't blame them, I love him but he is definitely someone who would do that. 

I grab Thierry's coat that is hanging over the top of the bar and tap his shoulder to tell him that we're leaving. 

'Rob! You're here, what a coincidence!'

Great... He's happy, that usually forbodes disaster. 

'Come on, we're taking you home.'

'We?! What do you mean we?

That is when he spots Jesse standing behind me, his face suddenly not so happy anymore. 

Here we go...

'What are you doing here, haven't you played with my boyfriend enough?'

His words are slurred, yet laced with venom. 

I feel Jesse's anger boiling inside of him again and I need to act quick before this gets out of hand. 

'Stop acting like a child Thierry, get up.' 

I throw his coat at him and wait for him to get up but he does no such thing. 

'I'm just having fun Rob, just like you were at the beach with your friend here. You know, you're absolutely shit at following through on your little threats.'