Chapter 21

Rob Jetten 

I wonder how one cannot feel pain in their knuckles after this great amount of impact. It makes me think, do things like these happen so often that it just stopped hurting, or has he perhaps lost feeling there?

I hate to think it's the... well, either. I hate to think it's either, period. I know not everyone trusts him, and he carries this darkness around him constantly, even I wonder if he's really a good person some of the time. But there's this spark of light in his eyes I get to see every so often, one that I'm witnessing right now, that puts all of my doubts about him to bed. 

He does carry purity in his heart, even though it lies in the pits of where he casts his shadows quite often. 

Like tonight, the fury I saw in his eyes was nothing I had seen before, it was pure rage, ugly and wicked. Like he was on a mission to kill anything in his sight. 

Until he laid eyes on me that was, I have to admit, it kind of was a bit of a confidence boost. I haven't been getting a whole lot of reassurance from him, or any at all really, so this was kind of nice, however much I hate to admit it. 

Especially since he pushed me away, I didn't know if he liked me, or even wanted me. I still don't... But I noticed him catching quick glances of me on the drive back here. Those combined with the subtle gleam in his gorgeous dark eyes right now, make me think I might be the one holding the power this night. 

For a man who has just been rejected about twenty-four hours ago, I think I'm feeling a bit too bold right now... I can't help it though, the thought I might be having a sliver of the effect on him that he has on me, makes me feel fearless. 

I need to calm this ecstatic feeling down because I just decided I was going to take it slow with him and make him work for it. Though, when I get too excited, that might make it a little harder to pertain this attitude towards him. 

Speaking of attitude, he watches me carefully as I take care of his other hand, suddenly there's a wave of apprehension crashing into me. I look up to him as he locks his eyes with mine, and suddenly all of the sincerity is washed away from his eyes leaving a lingering look of desire. 

This man...

He stays quiet though. I know he must not have had a lot of care in the past, judging by the unproperly healed scars beneath me. I wonder what he's thinking. 

There are lots of ways to be intimate with one another without it being of sexual nature. I wonder if he turns to sex because it's the only affection he knows. 

I'm tired of guessing like I had to do with Thierry all the time, so I decide to straight up ask him. 

'What are you thinking about?'

I ask him as I'm finished with both of his hands. I stand up to clean up the kit, and also because it might be good to put a little distance between us. My breath doesn't reach any further than the end of my throat, and that is usually a recipe for disaster around him. 

I open the top cabinet to put the kit back and reach for it on my tiptoes. As I turn around I catch him staring at my but, unapologetically. He's biting his lip and doesn't make any effort to stop staring. 

'Excuse me?' 

I manage to draw his attention, but not for long as his eyes slowly roll down my body again. He leans his head to the side as his lips curl into a cheeky smirk. 

'You.'

'What?' 

I ask him, a bit confused, a bit flustered. My mind is getting a little foggy and my fingers are starting to tingle from having his skin underneath them only a few minutes ago.   

'You asked me what I was thinking about.'

He says, as if that's not a weird thing to say. Even though he hasn't opened up to me a lot, in these little moments between us, he does know how to make me feel wanted... And how to ignite a fire in my lower stomach. 

'Without that tracksuit on of course.'

He says and nods to the suit I'm wearing, as he proceeds to lick his bottom lip. 

Those soft pink lips...

'Well at least, this one's not as ugly as the yellow one you're wearing.'

'Rude!'

He says, faking a shocked expression. 

'I'll be happy to take it off if you can't stand looking at it.'

He says that a little too eagerly, cheeky bastard

There's a full-on gloating smile pasted on his lips now, he's enjoying this a bit too much, if he keeps on looking this adorable and hot together I might have to take him up on his offer... 

And that is not something I plan to do. 

'Or I'll let you do it, since you're in the mood to make the rules tonight.'

I look at him, squinting my eyes, he's a little too good at this whole flirtation stuff. 

He notices I'm catching on to him and his pretentious little attitude as well. He draws his index finger along his bottom lip, taking in every inch of my body, again

If I weren't so wildly attracted to him, this might be getting a little uncomfortable. But it doesn't. In fact, the simmering heat in my stomach has begun to increase, fiery flames lighting up through my chest vigorously. 

I turn around to pour myself a glass of water to cool down, as I feel a gust of wind behind my back. I take a deep breath in, filling me up with tension. Next, I hear a barely audible chuckle in the distance, asshole

I go to point out his extremely annoying behavior when I spot him opening my front door...

- Couldn't help it, the drip suit is too perfect not to include.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and the TikTok I posted today!! 

How did you all spend mother's day?

XOXO Your favorite Dutch girl