Chapter Sixteen

(A/N)

ummmmmmmm 4.6 K READS??? how are you guys doing this? like seriously... MAGIC. thank you all so much!!! <3 

okay but before we start there must also be a daily 10 seconds of Jirou appreciation, so i'll count down for you 😌

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

okay we can start now

Kirishima's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahaha yess Yaomomo, kick his little grape colored ass!" Mina cheered from her boat and across ours to the one on the other side, apparently spectating their match from across the lake.

I looked over to see what she was on about, and though Mina's language choice was a little vulgar, Yoayorozu was in fact beating Mineta by a landslide. Jirou caught me looking and glanced back as well before commenting emotionlessly,

"I'm not surprised."

She then quickly glanced back towards our boat's fight, a discreet look of worry glancing over her usually relatively blank features.

The fight had started and Bakugo had repeatedly been advancing to make quick attacks at (y/n), to which she dodged, and he retreated, for the past minutes or so. Somewhat like a hawk diving for its prey. By now he seemed to be getting a little angry after having his attacks evaded again and again by the new girl, and we all knew what happened when Bakugo got angrier than usual. And he must have already been angrier than usual at the start, having his primary objective of the match to be saving Midoriya.

Bakugo struck again, his force building up with each hit, and once again (y/n) was able to just barely avoid him. He hit the water, causing a little wave to roll over (y/n) and Midoriya, the former taking a little longer to resurface after which, further proving my speculation that she wasn't a great swimmer, and making me worry a little for her safety.

Jirou made a little grumbling noise as Bakugo prepared to strike again. She'd been watching pretty intently since things had started up in the fight, and seemed to cringe or recoil slightly when things didn't go the way of (y/n). I found this both odd and amusing, as Jirou rarely had much of an opinion or bias on activities like this, and never really picked anyone to root for, unlike the rest of us. Unless of course it was Kaminari or Mineta in the ring, she always cheered against them without fail.

"Four minutes remaining!" All Might announced through his speakers.

"AH F*CK YOU!" Bakugo yelled. The 'who' of his exclamation was unclear, because he was looking at Midoriya, fighting (y/n), and responding to All Might, but my guess was that it was kind of a general 'f everybody' sort of thing.

He returned to the tip of the boat once again and got in position to blast off, but this time his stance and demeanor looked a little more aggressive than before, and the explosions he was firing up in his hands must've been a little hotter, because I could feel the heat from where I was sitting all the way back behind him.

"Oh god.."

Suddenly I remembered something I'd overheard All Might warning Tokoyami and Shoji about before their first match. Something about (y/n), and injury caused to her, or was it her quirk.. oh, wait, WAIT-

"Bakugo, stop!"

Jirou's POV