Chapter Twenty Two

(A/N)

HGIJSEOIWJK ALL YOUR COMMENTS ARE SO SWEET T-T

OR HILARIOUS, I APPRECIATE BOTH

also my updating schedule has been murdered by school starting so I won't really be updating at any particular time anymore but I will still be updating

(y/n)'s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up in bed, resting my chin on my knees whilst I hugged them tightly.

I want to see her, I thought.

It was only two days to go until I'd get to talk to Kyouka again, until I'd see her at school, but ever since I'd woken up a few hours ago she was all I could think about.

Not that she hasn't been all I could think about for weeks.

I wanted to hear her sing again as well. Is that a strange thing to desire? I wondered, too, if she ever writes her own songs. And if so, what they're about.

I felt cold as I sat there, the bundles of blankets not being enough for once. That morning I woke up in Kyouka's embrace had been the warmest I'd ever felt. I wondered if that would ever happen again. I liked to be close to her.

I just wanted to see her again.

48 hours was long, too long in my opinion, but it was time spent with Eri. So I decided, as I swung my legs off of my bed, that for now I'd focus on treasuring that time with my sister.

Oh. And with a cat.

Eri'd woken up hours ago, and was too excited at the prospect of a new fluffy pet to fall back asleep as she usually did. Still, she was being forced to wait anxiously as Shota woke up slowly and made breakfast at his usual unhurried pace.

My stomach growled and I stood up. I guess I did skip dinner last night. 'Last night'. I was reminded once again of the momentous conversation I'd had with angry boi not twelve hours prior.

Love, huh. Love. How odd.

I never saw myself making it here, to a place where I felt secure enough to love someone. I never expected to make it out of the LOV, or to make it out of my teens. But here I am, the happiest I have ever been.

Not that that is saying much considering the life I've led so far.

"Breakfast!" I heard a familiar groggy voice call from the kitchen.

"Coming!" I yelled back. Loudly.

Jirou's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm gonna go for a walk. Breakfast was good, dad. Thanks." I addressed my dad as I hopped off the stool I'd been perched on and grabbed my coat.

"You didn't finish your bacon." He protested. I shrugged,

"You can have the rest."

"Ahah yess." He cheered, already dumping the rest of my plate onto his own.

"Bye!" I yelled back as I slipped on my boots and left through the front door.

"Cool, love ya kid!" He shouted back as I closed the door behind me, words muffled and contorted by a mouthful of food.