Chapter Four

(A/N):

Tiny self harm trigger warning for this chapter, it's nothing too bad but just in case you're sensitive to that kind of thing I'll mark the beginning and end of that part with this: (####)

Thank you for reading, I love y'all <3

(y/n)'s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Eri left the mall with a few bags in hand and sat down on a bench to the left of the entrance to wait for Aizawa. I folded what was left of the money he had given us neatly in half and tucked it into my pocket after setting the bags down. I had made sure not to use it all, but I was still a little worried about having him pay for everything. It's not like I had much of a choice though, I didn't exactly have any other source of money.

I was about to ask Eri about the boy we'd met inside, but before I had the chance I was interrupted by a large gust of air and dust nearly knocking me over. I grabbed the bags before they could be blown away and then covered Eri's ears to protect them from the awful screeching sound accompanying the sudden squall. She closed her eyes shut and I shielded my face as a sleek yellow sports car pulled up violently in front of us, halting just over the curb and drawing some odd looks from the people leaving and entering the mall.

"HEY HEYYYY" I flinched as a loud voice yelled from the car as the drivers door flung open.

"Oh, it's uncle Mic!" Eri's soft voice was nearly impossible for me to hear after the abuse my poor ears just had to endure.

"HEY LITTLE ERI, AND YOU MUST BE (Y/N)!! YOU CAN CALL ME MIC OR 'THAT HIP GUY' NICE TO MEET YA'!!" the owner of the booming voice came into view. He had tall, spiky blonde hair, sunglasses, and a tiny mustache. I wonder if that's a choice, or if he just can't grow a mustache. Probably better not to bring that up.

"Um, n-nice to meet you too, sir?" I said unsurely, trying to recover from the ringing in my ears, slightly shaking. I've never been one for loud noises.

The man seemed to notice my discomfort and lowered his volume a little, I offered him a small grateful smile in return, "Something came up with work, so my man Shota asked if I could come pick you up instead, which is lucky for you, since I'm a totally RAD driver!!" He put his hands on his hips and leaned forward, his teeth blinding me.

"Oh, um, okay." I said quietly in response, removing my hands from Eri's ears and grabbing the bags before climbing into the back of the showy car. Eri quickly followed and sat in the seat beside me, using both hands to pull the door shut behind her. 

Mr. Mic stood frozen outside the car for a moment, confused at the lack of enthusiasm. After a few seconds he climbed back into the drivers seat, pouting dramatically. Then he turned to me,

"Wow, you're really just going to believe me?! What if I was some villain just saying that to get you in my car?!"

I tilted my head, slightly confused, at him,

"Oh. Uh I didn't know that was something I should've been worried about," I trailed off a little sadly, fiddling with my thumbs, "Do you want me to get out, or-" Eri put her small hands over mine and smiled up at me,

"Don't be sad, (n/n)."

"Yeah kid, I didn't mean to confuse you or anything, just be more careful in the future. And plus, as long as you don't walk straight into some villain's arms, that stupid trust is going to really get you places in life!!" He grinned at me. 

I offered him a quick smile before looking back down. The truth of the matter was that I hardly trusted anyone anymore, I guess there are just some things about this new world that I don't quite understand yet.