Chapter One

Anwita's POV.

"Di wake up na, it's my haldi Ceremony today, and you are still sleeping" poonam said.

"sadhil ke dulhan, please muje sone do" (sadhil's bride, please let me sleep). I whined pulling my pillow and teddy bear closer to me, i never travel anywhere without it.

"fine then, sleep, i will just have to tell uncle that his Gudiya is going back to America after the wedding instead of settling down here in India" she said and stood up to go back down stairs, while i sprang up from the bed.

"you dare not do that, I'm going to skin you alive" i said while she ran down the stairs yelling and I followed her.

"uncle! Uncle!! Serial killer, somebody help me" she ran and hid behind dad.

"what happened beta?" Dad asked.

"Di wants to kill me because I...."

"because she woke me up from my sweet sweet sleep" i interrupted and glared at her while she grinned.

Such a pain in the ass girl.

"what's going on here?" Maya chachi asked giving us all the offering from the prayer platter.

"nothing, our dear bride was just being a drama queen." I said and hugged chachi. Poonam rolled her eyes and I stuck out my tongue at her.

"okay everyone, time to get me ready, because I'm getting married and I need you all's full attention." poonam said.

"yes, you are right, you have to get married so that we can get rid of you." I said and ran away. I ran into my room and locked the door, i did my morning business selected the dress I will be wearing, a yellow lehenga,

 I ran into my room and locked the door, i did my morning business selected the dress I will be wearing, a yellow lehenga,

and went downstairs to have breakfast.

I joined everyone at the table and we ate, admist talking and laughing.

The house was very full with relatives and friends who are here for poonam's wedding.

Soon the grooms family began to arrive and everywhere became crowded.

A pair of hands hugged me and i stood rooted on the spot. The person broke the hug and i saw it was sawri, poonam's best friend.

"anwita Di, when did you arrive? i didn't even know you were coming because a dumb someone refuse to inform me" she said glaring at poonam.

"I got here yesterday night" i replied in which she nodded her head.

"what of Eshana Di? is she coming here also?" she asked.

"yes she wouldn't miss our dumb someone's wedding na" i said quoting the "dumb someone" with my fingers and glanced over at poonam who just rolled her eyes at me.

"are you both done insulting me? Di, can I introduce you to the groom now?" poonam asked.

"yes, i want to see your groom" i answered and was immediately pulled towards a man.