Chapter Four

SADHIL'S POV.

"I really can't believe I got married to someone older than me, all in the name of saving our reputation and mom and dad.

Poonam just left, leaving behind a shitty piece of paper, did she even think of me before running away? No! At least she could have spoken to me, but she didn't.

Because of poonam's mistake, I had to marry someone older than me, i even accused her of helping poonam run away.

Like seriously.

I know I acted really dumb by blaming someone for someone else's mistake, but don't judge me, i was pissed off and frustrated, I also didn't know what to do.

Mom and dad had persuaded me in agreeing to marry Anwita. Through out the ride home, she cried and I told her that my house is just a forty minutes drive from her house, she can see her family anytime to stop her from crying.

Don't judge me, i don't know how to pacify girls. The only sister I have never really stayed with me, she lived with my grandparents, and she was already married when they died.

Well, she called me an idiot, and I hold no grudges against her for that because I truly deserve it.

We got home and performed some rituals, mom took her to my room. For a long time, I didn't go to my room even when mom kept telling me to go, I ignored her and went to the terrace. Not like I'm scared of going to my own room, I just wanted to give her sometime to be alone.

After sometime when the whole house was dead quiet that you can hear a pin drop, I decided to go to the room, i opened the door and was welcomed by flowers scattered all over the place 'did she do this?' i walked up to the bed, but I didn't see her, i checked in the washroom but she's not there 'where is she? oh my God, did she also run away like poonam? I was asking my self questions i couldn't answer unless I find her.

I sat on the bed in frustration, I couldn't think properly because I was exhausted. I grabbed my head in my hand and tried to think, that was when I heard shuddering breaths, I got up from the bed and looked around the room, then I saw her on the floor, she was sleeping, her knees close to her chest and her head was resting on her knees and she gave slow shuddering breaths, she must have fallen asleep while crying.

How come I didn't notice her, i never thought to look around the room, I just checked the washroom and bed, I even thought she also ran away.

I gently lifted her and she's surprisingly light, even in the heavy lehenga. Poonam had complained about how heavy the lehenga Is when we went to buy it and she tried it on.

I placed her on the bed and covered her with the duvet. I went into the washroom and changed my clothes, I'm really uncomfortable in this wedding attire. I lay down on the chair in my room it is really big. I don't want to make her uncomfortable by sleeping next to her on the bed.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

I woke up and went to the gym, it is a daily routine, and it is in the house. I looked over at the bed and she was still sleeping.

I opened the room door gently trying not to wake her up. I really don't want to face her now, at least before she wakes up let me be out of the house.

I was still in the gym when mom came and told me that I have to take Anwita to her house today and I will pick her up in the night, for our reception party tomorrow and mom told me to call her.

What?? Call her? And reception party?

After I was done in the gym I headed back to the room and I was thinking of how I will call her.

Not like I'm scared of her, but it's not everyday you get married to a stranger, what if the person turns out to be a maniac? or a serial killer?

She's a model. My inner mind said.
Shut up yaar.

I paced around the pool area trying to figure out ways to call her can't mom call her herself. I was still thinking when I bumped into her.

Oh no no no not now I haven't thought of what to say to you. Shit Shit.

I hold her by waist holding her in place and preventing her from falling. Her eyes were tightly shut and she opened them slowly revealing her hazel eyes.

Damn.

She muttered sorry quickly to me. She turned to leave that when I summoned up courage and spoke to her.

"mom wants to see you, she said she has something important to tell you" I said.

"where is she?" she asked.

"In the kitchen" I replied.

"can you show me around to the kitchen" she asked. I nodded and led the way to the kitchen.

She made breakfast for everyone, I must say that they are really tasty.

I came down the stairs in my casuals and mom told Anwita to go get ready.

In ten minutes, she was ready and she joined me in the living room and I led the way to the car.

The ride to her house was very quiet may be because of the awkwardness between us. I was driving and she was sitting beside me.

"why did you agree to marry me?" she asked start up a conversation.

"same reason as yours" I replied.

"for my dad?" she asked confused.

"No, I meant for mum and dad, saving reputation. I said and she nodded.

"even after knowing I'm older?" she asked.

"yes, still the same reason" i replied.

"do you love her?" she asked.

"who?" I asked before knowing who she was talking about. I don't really know what to say do I love her or i don't, i don't really know so I remained quiet and didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked you that, I'm sure you love her" she said.

"I'm sorry" i said.

"sorry for what?" she asked.

"for what I said yesterday, i shouldn't have blamed you for poonam running away, you were also forced into this marriage just like me" I said.

"it's okay" she replied.

We got to her house and she hurriedly got out of the car. Her Chachu was outside jogging, she saw him and ran to him. He hugged her and told her to go inside the house.

I parked the car and walked to the house I greeted her chachu and he told me how sorry he was for poonam running away, I told him not to feel guilty for some one else's mistake.

"no, sadhil came with me" i heard when I walked into the house.

"I'm here" i said as i in.

"come in, come in sadhil" uncle beckoned to him.

"namaste uncle" I said and tried touching his feet.

"no dear don't call me uncle call me dad now and don't try to touch my feet here our kids hug us." uncle...dad said and pulled me into a hug.

I left saying that i needed to go to the office cause there something i have to attend to urgently, that i would be back later pick her up in the night.

Hello peeps.

Another update, vote and comment, it really motivates me.

Please guys, do vote and comment, I'm having second thoughts about this story, I want to stop it because I feel that my readers don't like it.

I need y'all suggestions should I delete it or continue?

Lemme know in the comment section.

Stay safe and always wear a nose mask. Covid-19 is real.