Chapter Two

I sat at the mandap, with sadhil sitting next to me, the panditji kept chanting something which I wasn't paying attention to.

I don't even know why, Sadhil agreed to this marriage, why would he want to marry someone older than him.

Maya chachi had gotten me ready in poonam's bridal outfit, immediately Sadhil agreed to marry me.

The priest announced that it was time for the seven Pheres. Maya chachi helped me in getting up for the pheres.

The panditji explained the meaning of each seven rounds around. Sadhil led the first four while i led the remaining three with tears in my eyes.

We sat down back and sadhil filled my mang with sindoor and wore the mangalsutra around my neck.

Tears dropped from my eyes and fell on sadhil's finger, when he tied the mangalsutra around my neck. I felt his gaze on me my hand went to the veil covering my face and pulled it down a little to hide my face more.

The panditji pronounced us husband and wife and told us to seek the elders blessings.

We walked over to his parents and took their blessings, next we moved to dad, who pulled us into a hug.

"sadhil please take care of my princess" dad said crying.

"dad please don't cry" i wiped his tears and hot tears streamed down my face and dad wiped them.

"hello everyone I'm here" a cheerful voice when we took Maya chachi and Sanjay chachu's blessing. I looked up at the owner of the voice and she gasped.

"oh my gosh, poonam I am so sorry that i missed your wedding" Eshana said and hugged me.

"it's not poonam, it is me Anwita" i whispered in her ear when she hugged me.

She broke the hug and pulled the veil up, since everyone was eating nobody noticed the bride swap.

"how did this happen?" Eshana asked.

"I will tell you later" dad said and pointed at the guest's direction. Only my family and sadhil's family were aware of the switch. Eshana seem to understand and she asked no more questions.

Dad led me to the car that would take Sadhil and me to his house. Dad opened the car door for me and I sat in after a lot of persuasion from dad. Dad closed the door and I was crying again. Eshana came to the window, she placed her hand on mine, I opened the car door and hugged her before i ran to dad and hugged him. Dad broke the hug and kissed my forehead then took me back to the car.

I sat in the car and sadhil also came in through the other side. Dad closed the door and tapped the side of the car signaling the driver to start the car and drive. I look out the window as the car started and cried as dad and everyone i love was out of my sight.

"my house is just a forty minutes drive from your house so you can see your family anytime" sadhil said and i looked up to see his face. I had not even looked at him through out the wedding, the last time I saw his face was when I offered him cake.

"she was close to you right?" Sadhil asked and I nodded.

"then she must have told you something" he said.

"you think I will let her run away if she had told me something?" i said.

"I don't know, since you are her family you might have helped her" he said.

"and ruin my own life? Never" I said and he scowled.

Is he trying to shift all the blame on me now.

"idiot" I muttered.

True to his words, his house was just a forty minutes drive from my house. His mom welcomed me in. We performed some rituals and I was led to a room that was decorated with flowers. Out of anger, i threw all the flowers on the floor scattering them across the room before I fell on the floor crying.

I kept thinking of what he had said earlier in the car, he actually thinks that I helped poonam in running away from her own wedding.

I kept thinking of reasons why poonam would run away instead of speaking to chachi and chachu about it, but no, she just took matters into her own hands and fled her wedding leaving behind a stupid note.

I examined the room I was in, it was painted in boring colours before sleep engulfed me.

Another update, I hope you all will enjoy going on this beautiful journey with me. Comment and vote it really makes my boring day.

His Older Substitute BrideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara