Chapter Ten

Anwita's POV

"So, how is Singapore treating you?" I asked sadhil. We were communicating through video call.

"for starters, I miss you, you and sona" he said and I bit my lip to avoid blushing.

"and, I miss India, this place is so different from India" he said.

"I know how it feels to be in a foreign country, you will also feel foreign and different" I said and he nodded.

"look on the bright side, you can walk where ever you want to without being stalked by crazy fans and paparazzi" I added with a smile.

"are you sure you don't miss me?" he asked.

"No" I replied and his face dropped but he quickly put covered with all with a smile.

"aye! You got me, I do miss you. I have a prank up my sleeves and the only person around is sona and she's so cute to be pranked, but I decided she will be my partner. So come here fast so we can prank you" I added trying to lift his mood. It worked because he was looking at me amusingly. I mentally parted my back.

Good job Anwita.

"by the way, where is sona? He asked.

"she's drawing on her sketch pad" I answered, then turned my laptop to sona's direction so he could see her.

"sona baby?" he called.

"hi mama" sona answered waving at him as she sat up and faced the laptop.

"how are you baby?" he asked.

"I am fine mams"

"mama, mami got colour pens for me at the mall and do you know how she dressed? Mami dressed like an old lady and a grey wig and glasses" sona said and they both laughed. Sadhil gave me a weird look.

"What? I'm a model, I had to dress up like that, I didn't want the media tailing on me and having me as their headline, and yes, I wanted to enjoy shopping with this cutie here before she goes back home." I said trying to defend myself and my old granny disguise.

I watch both sadhil and sona as they continue laughing and I could not help but wonder how Sadhil would be when he becomes a father.

The thought of me and him having kids made my heart flutter.

Holy smoke. Anwita pull yourself together.

But he really act and look like one of those male protagonist from the books I have read.

Shit.

I really need to stop reading all does romance novels, they seem to be getting in my head, and I can't stop thinking of sadhil being one of the male protagonist of my favorite novels.

All this is Eshana's fault, through out high school, she made me read romance novels with her. first she ordered for those novels, then read them and forced me to read and now I am addicted to reading them.

Oh God.

Do I actually miss him, the house does feel different without him around.

"okay! I really want to talk more with you guys, but I have to be somewhere urgently, duty calls" his voice brought me back to reality.

"it's okay, we get it you have to go back to work. Sona say bye to mama" I said and we both waved at him before the line went off.

The rest of the day, sona and I just Lazed around doing nothing but binge watching cartoons before we had dinner and called it a night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a jolt because I heard a loud sound.

I think someone broke in.

I got up from the bed and tip toed to the closet to take out sadhil's cricket bat. I contemplated on either taking it or not before I finally decided to take it for extra weapon along with my fist and leg. My karate skills will finally come into use.

I glanced at sona and she was still sleeping, satisfied I made my way to the door, opened it quietly then then tiptoed to the stairs.

The moon was reflecting inside, it seem to be on my side today. I didn't switch on the light, but the kitchen light was on and I could see a shadow from there. Is the person trying to steal food?

Okay Anu, brace yourself up.

I walked into the kitchen and when I was close to him enough, I hit him with the bat and gave him kicks also.

"Thief! Thief!! you are trying to steal" I said and gave continuous beating.

"Stop! Stop it woman!!" the thief yelled and turned around grabbing the bat.

"Sadhil? You are the thief? but you are in Singapore, how did you get here? When did you return? Did you really go to Singapore?" I asked the last part folding my arms and giving him a suspicious look.

"so many questions after I was thrashed. And how can a thief enter into the house when there are guards everywhere, also I was in Singapore, I came back early because we were done with the whole thing and I wanted to surprise you, but you surprise me instead by giving me a surprise attack, where did you learn to kick so hard?" he said.

"I was scared out of my wits, I guess it was just survival instincts, and my kicking skills are from years of karate training but this is a really bad way of surprising someone" I said. "sorry about the thrashing, but you partially deserved it, so I am partially sorry" I said and he looked at me amused.

"you must be tired from the jet lag and I am also tired from hitting you" I said before he could say something.

"yeah, lets go to bed" he said and we both led the way to the room.

Sadhil went to the washroom to take a shower and I went back to sleeping. He came out few minutes later and prepared to sleep on the couch.

"Sadhil?" I called.

"yes Anwita " he replied.

"you can sleep on the bed" I said.

"are you sure? I don't want to make you uncomfortable" he said and I sat up.

"yes, and you can't make me uncomfortable. Sona is like the bridge between us so we are both safe" I said with a smile.

"as you wish" he said, but made his way towards me and kissed my temple before going back to the other side of the bed. I lay down back with a smile on my face.

I missed this feeling.

I think I can see myself and sadhil In the future. I let my smile lingering on my face while I wait for sleep to take over.

Update finally.

This isn't my best chapter, but I wrote this half asleep, half awake, so please bare with me.

Covid-19 is real, stay safe everyone.

Love you all.