Chapter Fifteen

Anwita's POV

I was Laying down on the bed and Eshana walked in. We were in a hotel where we will have her sangeet and mehendi ceremony. The haldi
and wedding will be done in udaipur at the Durbar Hall at Fateh Prakash Palace.

It was a week after sadhil asked me the 'question'. I groaned recalling that day and i sat up letting out another groan gaining eshana's attention.

"Okay now spill. What's wrong?" She asked sitting beside me.

"Nothing is wrong, just tired" I lied.

"Liar! You are so bad at lying." She pointed out.

Ugh, I can't even lie in peace without getting caught.

"I will tell you, but don't take sides, just listen." I told her and she rolled her eyes before nodding.

Flashback

A week earlier.

"What are you hiding from me?"

"Excuse me"

"What do you mean by what am I hiding from you?" I asked.

"Everyone keeps asking you if you've told me and I am curious to know what you need to tell me" he said taking turns to look at me and the road.

"There nothing I need to tell you, its all in your head" I said. He suddenly stopped the car abruptly and I let out a yelp.

"Anwita..." He started but I got a call. I muttered an excuse me before picking up the call, he started the car and drove home.

"Hello girlfriend"

"Hi boyfriend" I said. It was Dylan a friend from high school.

"I missed you” he said.

"I missed you too" I replied.

“can't wait to see you in a week time” he said and I smiled.

“me too”

“just want to let you know that you will be picking me up from the airport once I land in India next week.”

"Okay" I said.

"Bye, see you soon, love you" he said and laughed.

"Bye, love you too" I replied also laughing as he hung up.

I turned to Sadhil who had been quietly driving us home.

"You were saying?" I asked turning to look at him.

"Nothing, All I have to do is to make things right" he said driving into the garage, he got out of the car and went indoors, leaving me confused.

Taking All the shopping bags from the back seat, I went inside, put the bags in my closet and went to take a long shower.

I went to bed after deciding to skip dinner, I'm too tired to eat.

Flashback ends.

"After that day, I haven't seen him in a week and it has been really pissing me off." I said.

"You miss him, that's why you are pissed off" Eshana said giving me a teasing smile.

I feel heat rising to my cheeks and I rolled my eyes. Of course I missed him, he has become an everyday part of my life.

"He's my friend, I am bound to miss him" I said trying to justify myself.

"Really?" Eshana asked, this time wriggling her brows.