Chapter Twenty

Anwita's POV

"Kids. Get up its morning already. I knew you both staying awake so late, would make you guys wake up so late and why is it so cold in here?" Chachi said opening the curtain and turning off the air conditioner.

We got up unwillingly and took turns in using the washroom. In no time,we were ready and we both had on yellow coloured lehengas and went to have breakfast.

I and maasi led eshana down to the hall, and made her sit at the stage, everyone took turns in applying the tumeric paste jiju's family brought. It was finally my own turn and I smirked at eshana.

"Anwita no, no. Just a little." She said.

"Where's the fun in little" I asked.

I took a large quantity of the paste and applied it on eshana's face and she was so pissed that she copied my action thanks to the friends I have, they were on my side. Mumma, maasi and chachi were on eshana's side. The men just stood, watched and cheered us on.

At the end of it all, we all ended up in a mess.

"Now, Girls I want you all to freshen up, come for dinner and probably rest, in fact, I think we all should rest after dinner. tomorrow is the wedding and I don't want anyone looking like a zombie" maasi said and we all obeyed and went into our respectively rooms.

Dinner didn't take long, I couldn't find sadhil anywhere and I had to ask jiju to find out where he was. Apparently, he has an online conference meeting he urgently had to attend to.

After dinner, I crashed the bed, I didn't really know why but I felt so tired and slept almost immediately my body touched the bed. Later, I felt a feathery touch on my head and I had my eyes opened to know what it was.

It was sadhil, I just watched his action my mind not really following up with what he was doing and the last thing I recalled him doing before sleep engulfed me was placing a kiss on my temple.

"Girls. Get up, you have to get ready and get your make up done"

It feels like this is a routine, them waking us up.

"Isn't it too early?" I asked sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"No, its not, it's past noon" eshana's mom came said coming in.

"Mumma you too?" eshana asked.

"I don't want my girls looking like zombies. Now, you both get ready, your friends are having breakfast, you both can have yours and get to making yourselves look like you just walked out of a fairytale story."

"Can't we just order take out?" I asked, although I knew what the answer was.

"Anwita, I know you love junk food, but its eshana's wedding and I'm sure she doesn't want to look like an inflated balloon, and nor does she want her bridesmaid looking like that" chachi said.

"So no take outs" I said and got up from the bed took my clothes and went into the washroom.

I came out minutes later in a crop top and shorts.

The make up artist was already waiting and we had to have breakfast first. Several hours later, everyone else was ready except me.

"This is so beautiful, I don't think I can pull off swearing this." I said looking at my lehenga. We all except eshana had on the same colour of lehenga but different styles and design.

"If there's anyone I know that can pull this off, its you"

"Anwita why aren't you dressed?" Mumma came in asking.