Time to face James

Chapter 3- Time to face James.

    I stepped out of the warm and relaxing shower. I brushed my wet hair till it was straight and let to air dry.

     I walked over to my dresser and put on a plain blue shirt and my adventure time sweater. I put on dark blue washed out skinny jeans and my converse with white and purple polka dotted socks.

     Well it's Sunday, time to face James and hope it doesn't go to bad. I'm still a little tiny bit mad at him so I think I'll ignore him.

     I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs to see where the others were at. I looked at my phone on the way down to see I had a text message from when I was in the shower.

     I looked at the message and was surprised to see it was from Jace. I thought I was mistaken at first but no it clearly says Jace. Wow, his message said,

   'Good morning Ellie,

            Rise and shine! :D '

     I smiled at his message. Who would've thought we would get so close in only 1 day. I texted back,

   'Are you just waking up??? I'm all ready to go out and stuff so I've been up for a while'

     As soon as I sent it though his reply was short and quick,

   'Maybe....'

    I laughed loudly and looked up to see everyone in the dining room was sitting and staring at me. Christina was the first to speak.

     Of course being herself she said, "By gosh did you finally get yourself a boyfriend!?!? I've been waiting for this!!"

     My eyes widened nearly popping out at thinking that. Jace my BOYFRIEND? I mean it would be nice sure but still...

     Everyone was looking at me waiting for my answer. 

     I cleared my throat and finally said, "No I don't have a boyfriend it was just a friend I was texting to."

     I could see Phil, Hayden and James visibly relax. I could see Phil but why James and Hayden. They probably thought they had to beat someone up.

     I smiled at them and took my seat in between Hayden and Gwen sitting across James. Oh great I just love my place at the table, note the heavy sarcasm.

      I turned to the right and smiled at Hayden as he smiled back and squeezed my hand up on the table. I turned to see James glaring at our hands but when he noticed I was looking at him he smiled. I frowned and turned to my left.

     I heard Gwen mutter "She isn't gonna get a boyfriend before me.. Hoe..."

     I turned to look down and felt someone kick me on my leg. It wasn't a soft nudge NO it was a full on kick in the leg. I jumped up hitting my knee on the table.

     I looked up to see James laughing. That ass he just kicked me. I kicked him back and saw his expression change to hurt. I chuckled and realized me and Hayden were still holding hands. I let go but he continued holding on, I let him.

     Christina set down plates with eggs, bacon, and pancakes. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

     As we finished breakfast I collected the plates and went to wash them. Although I didn't collect James plate. He can wash it if he needs to.

     I winked at Hayden and smiled brightly at Avery who was sitting closest to the door leading to the kitchen. She laughed and waved as I carried the plates through the door to the sink.