Nicknames

Chapter 16- Nicknames

"So when do I get to meet your family?" Jace asked me in literature. Our teacher was just explaining a new project we were given and I was already beginning to get a little excited. Come on, it's like she's giving a speech to keep moving forward!

"When do you want?" I finally answered.

"I don't know." Jace said sending me one of his handsome sheepish smiles.

"Then why'd ya ask?" I said whacking his arm laughing. He faked hurt, rubbing his arm.

"Gosh, no need to hurt me!"

"I'm sor-"

"Am I interrupting your conversation?" Ms. Cianna spoke cutting me off. I shook my head no completely embarrassed and Jace just shrugged.

"Busted, Flores." Spencer said beside me and I elbowed him.

"Oh hush up, Stone." I whispered narrowing my eyes at him.

The rest of class was spent preparing for our project. As soon as the bell rung I stood up picking my stuff up.

"Anyways, Brit and Cole want you to come over again. Well, everyone else too but they've been bugging me the most about." Jace said walking next to me.

"Really? Wow I must be popular!" Jace laughed and nudged me. I nudged him back.

"So I guess I can come over today. Buy only after work." I Said quickly.

"Great then Cole can drive you?" I nodded and we parted ways, but not before Jace gave me a peck.

I walked to my usual table to see Hannah sitting with chastity at the table. I guess Taty and the rest are on line to get lunch.

"Hey guys!" I chirped happily. Chastity smiled and waved at me.

"Hi Ellie!" Hannah responded.

"Are the others online?" Hannah nodded and she showed me, Taty's sketch book. I swear that lady can draw!

Tatyanna was walking to the table with her tray and some one bumped into her causing her food to fall. She threw out her tray and walked to a wall. Tatyanna pulled her arm back and punched the wall making a hole in it!

"Hi guys!" Taty said sitting down next to me like she didn't just do that. I stared at her with my mouth hanging wide open.

"Okaaay, well I'm going to go buy food at the vending machine." I said dragging out The a in okay.

I stood up and grabbed my bag walking to the vending machine out in the halls.

"Hmmm, popcorn or cookies?" I asked myself out loud. I know I'm weird...

"Cookies it is!" I said sighing and paying for the cookies. I grabbed my cookies and sat on the floor next to the vending machine. I took out my latest book, which is The city of bones by Cassandra Clare.

The bell rung signaling lunch was over and I walked to my next class, gym.

~

I walked out of school and saw James and Hayden talking by the entrance. I'm going to work but I'm still gonna speak to them while I wait for Cole to get here.

"Hellooo!" I yelled as I approached them. They looked up and grinned. James ruffled my hair and a tight hug. Hayden nodded which was his way of hello.

"Don't you have work today?" James asked after he let go.

"Yup! Can't I just talk with you? Must there be a reason??" I asked James raising my eyebrow.