Tag

Chapter 20- Tag

I grabbed my phone as it rung for the millionth time. Once again, Jace. Just thinking about him makes me sad all over again.

Tears began to slide down my cheeks, staining my pillow. Ugh I don't have anything to distract me! I turned over in my bed facing the ceiling.

"What's wrong with you?"

I turn my head to see Cole standing at my door. I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.

"I thought by saying goodbye after the ride home, meant goodbye." I told him and Cole smiled.

"It did, but I'm saying HELLO." Cole said smirking.

"What do you want." I asked him sitting up on my bed. I ran my hands through my hair and pulled it into a bun.

"Just thinking you'd want to go out side for a change." I smiled and nodded my head.

"Fine, just let me put on my converse." Cole nodded and turned on the lights pulling me up.

"You know, I'm actually glad you came." Cole face immediately brightened.

"Really?" I nodded.

"Yup, cause now I can bother you." Cole laughed and murmured something under his breath.

"So, where are we going?" I asked Cole in raising my eye brow in question.

"For smoothies and a walk in the park." I smiled and we walked out.

"What flavor do you want?" Cole asked me at the smoothie store.

"Banana strawberry I guess." Cole nodded and ordered for us. As soon as we left we made our way to the park.

We walked to the swings in silent. The breeze feels really nice right now. I'm glad I came out with Cole. I feel like I'm at piece.

Cole held my hand gently on the swings. I looked up at him and smiled. I abruptly stood up, and Cole followed.

"Do you mind if we play tag?" Cole asked me and I smiled broadly.

"I was just going to ask the same thing." I told him smiling. We put down our smoothies and began deciding who would be it.

"I'll do it!" Cole said and I laughed.

"Alrighty then." I smiled at him.

"Bubble gum, bubble gum, in a dish, how many pieces do you wish?" Cole sung and looked up at me expectantly.

"Twelve!" I said using my favorite number.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve!" He yelled out the last number as I was out and Cole was 'IT'.

I giggled and stuck my tongue out running away. I climbed up some steps crossed the spider web, reaching the top of the slide. I think I'm safe here. I looked around for my exits. Okay, there's the slide, the web, the stairs, the pole, and the mini jump. Okay I'm good, of course the jump is like 3 jumps after another. I smiled and looked for Cole. Here he comes.

"No tagging below the knees!" I yelled laughing.

I don't need it!" Cole laughed. He climbed up the slide and I ran for the pole. We kept running around and I was eventually it.

"That's it, I'm tired." I said sitting down on a bench. It's getting pretty late out.

"Alright, how bout a picture then?" I nodded my head and Cole leaned next to me ready to take a picture of us on his phone.

"Say cheese!" And as I did, Cole leaned in next to me giving a kiss on the cheek just as the photo was taken.

"That's a keeper!" Cole yelled doing some thing on his iPhone. He then showed me his wallpaper on the lock screen, which was that photo just taken!

"No fair!" I yelled pouting.

"Yes fair!" Cole exclaimed putting his iPhone away. I chuckled and stood up.

"Well, I best be heading off now!" Cole laughed and nodded.

"I'll walk you." He insisted and I agreed.

"Goodbye Cole. Thanks again." I told him with a smile.

"You're welcome kitten. Who knows how boring your day would've been without me." Cole said with his chin up.

"Wow. Someone's full of themselves." I said and Cole laughed. I waved goodbye as I head up to my room.

Wednesday, I'm prepared for you.