Phone call

Chapter 13- Phone call

     "Bye guys! See ya tomorrow!" I yell to my friends while searching for Cole's car. I have work today and he wants to pick me up.

     I spot Cole's metallic blue car with him leaning on it. Jace didn't come to school today or I would've presented him to Cole.

     Some girls from school were staring at Cole with lust and admiration pretty clear in there eyes. Some guys were staring at Cole with jealousy.

     I walk over to Cole and I can practically feel the envy boring into me. I hug Cole and he opens the door for me smirking.

     "You sure dress different for school." He's referring to my cupcake shirt and skinny jeans with my small gray jacket. I WAS wearing a pencil skirt and button down shirt when we met.

     "Yup!" I chirped happily as he began driving. We sat in a peaceful and comfortable silence.

     "I didn't know you went to THAT school." Cole said suddenly out of nowhere.

     "What's wrong with that school?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

     "Nothin, I just know someone who goes there and I was going to be transferred there."

      "Really!?" Cole nodded.

     "Yup and I might too later on." A smile came to my lips as we arrived to ESPN.

     "Do you mind if I leave my bag here?" I asked timidly.

     "No, put it in the back with mine." I nodded and did so. We stepped into the building and passed our IDs on the scanner. It dinged allowing us to continue. We stepped out of the elevator to see the entire floor was extremely busy.

     Eleanor came to us with stacks of folders in her hands.

     "I need you to organize this in my office by dates. I need them by tomorrow afternoon, for my trip." We nodded and walked to Eleanor's office.

     "Sure thing." I told her as Cole nodded.

     "What trip?" I asked Cole. I'm sure he knows.

     "For the X-games, silly. They have to begin preparing for April." He responded chuckling.

     "Ooohh" I said stupidly and we sat down ready to organize.

     15 minutes in and Cole received a text. He looked at it and groaned.

     "What happened?" I asked him out of pure curiosity.

     "Eleanor just texted saying she wants me to research about on of the sports people. Well lots of them." I nodded.

     "So I have to organize all this on my own, don't I?" I asked looking at the piles of folders needing organization.

    "Yeah, sorry to say. Don't worry, you can do it." I scoffed.

     "Sure I can if I don't fail ultimately." Cole chuckled at my response.

     "Good luck! See you at 5:30 downstairs, okay?" I nodded going back to work.

~

     The elevator dinged Signaling I was at the lobby. Work is extremely tiring. I got a really good amount done so tomorrow I just need to finish the few folders I left behind.

     I walked out of the elevator and stopped in the lobby. I looked around waiting to spot Cole. He's no where in sight, I wonder where he's at.