Chapter 22- All Mine

I stare at Harry wide-eyed and blankly, not knowing if it is safe to even move a muscle. The phone drops out of my hand and falls onto the hardwood, the case flying off of it. Harry's hands are resting on my thighs as I sit in his lap. He jumps, startled, when my phone hits the floor with a crash.

"Louis! What's wrong?!" he asks, extremely concerned. He sits up a little and pushes my fringe out of my face. I can feel myself growing more and more pale by the second. There are so many questions racing through my mind.

This cannot be happening.

What? Why? How? But most importantly, who? Who could possibly want to come after me?

And for what reason?!

"Harry," I squeak, my voice cracking in sheer terror. His eyes widen and he looks at me intensely, almost trying to rip an answer from me with his burning, green gaze.

"Please, make sure everything is locked. Every single door, window... everything!" I manage to respond, my voice progressively breaking off into tears. He blinks at me confusedly, trying hard to understand the reasoning behind my response. I quickly stand up and look around, my breathing accelerating in fear.

"Harry! Please! Someone is after me! Or you! I don't know! Just please, do it!" I yell, tears streaming down my cheeks. His eyes widen and he quickly stands up, scrambling to pull his phone from his pants lying on the floor. He dials a number and holds the phone between his shoulder and ear. He dresses frantically as he waits for the person to answer.

"Charles!" he finally snaps into the phone as he buttons his shirt, fingers shaking uncontrollably.

"I am not quite sure what is going on yet, but get the security team on high alert. No one comes in the estate, no one leaves the estate. Understood?" he orders harshly, now holding the phone to his ear with his hand. I quickly dress myself, listening to him bark orders into the phone. I feel as if I am being watched and I absolutely hate the feeling.

"Yes... Yes... No..." he answers to Charles' questioning. Harry quickly darts down the hallway, pulling my hand to follow him. We quickly make our way to the kitchen where some of the security team is already checking locks on windows.

"Yes... Louis just received a phone call a few minutes ago from someone, and now he has told me to order this security check," he explains, pulling me over to sit down on a stool at the counter. I sit, looking up at Harry, scared to death. Tears continue to roll down my face and I bite my lip, trying my best to contain any sobs. Harry quickly wipes away my tears with his thumb, staring sympathetically down at me.

"None of that," he whispers, pulling the phone away from his ear while he speaks to me. I swallow hard and nod, taking a deep breath. He puts the phone back up to his ear, running his thumb over my bottom lip before pacing around the kitchen.

"No, Charles. No... I'm not sure. Yes, of course. Here he is," Harry says into the phone, quickly walking over to me and placing the phone in my hand.

"I need you to explain to Charles exactly what you were told on the phone, baby," he says softly in a comforting tone. I look at the phone and nod, placing it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mr. Tomlinson. It is Charles. Could you please explain to me the details of your recent phone call?"

"Of course," I respond, trying hard to hold back tears. "Nikki, my roommate that I live with back at our apartment, just called me and said that I need to make sure that everything is locked here. She said that someone was after me, but then continued to say that it might be various people," I explain, my own words scaring myself. I swallow hard, a tear rolling down my right cheek and falling into my lap. Harry walks over and stands next to me, stroking my back and thigh with each hand for moral support. I close my eyes and savor the comforting sensation of his hands on me. I feel so safe with Harry, my protector. I truly believe that he would never let anything bad happen to me.