Chapter 31- Graduation

Nikki and I walk through the crisp, freshly cut grass outside of the University, our hands intertwined. I watch my feet with each step I take, being careful not to trip on my long, graduation gown. I look over at Nikki happily, admiring how beautiful she looks today. Her hair is curled perfectly and she looks flawless in every way possible.

"What?" she asks with a shy smile, confused as to why I am staring at her. I laugh slightly and snake my arm around her small waist.

"You look beautiful," I say, kissing her hair gently, inhaling her scent. "Gorgeous, actually," I add, grinning happily. She leans her head against my shoulder as we walk, her hand stroking my lower back.

"Thank you, Lou," she says appreciatively, smiling brightly up at me. I kiss her forehead and chuckle, looking up at the beautiful sky, the sun shining brightly on this perfect day.

Nothing could possibly ruin my mood today.

I feel on top of the world.

We make our way to the huge, beautiful courtyard at the back of the University. Many chairs are set up, as well as a stage with flowers and foliage accenting it beautifully. The fountain towards the middle of the courtyard creates a peaceful environment, even as lots of noisy, excited people continue to arrive. The art exhibit that is set up at the left side of the courtyard looks incredible. There are many different pieces that I am excited to look at later.

I make my way through the courtyard, trying hard not to trip on my gown as I walk. I pull Nikki behind me, our hands intertwined. She follows close behind me through the large crowd of people as we try to find our families.

Finally, I spot a familiar face belonging to my mum. I smile wide, releasing Nikki's hand and quickly running over to hug her. She holds me close, her loving hands stroking my back.

"Oh, Louis! I am so proud of you!" my mum coos as she peppers my face with kisses. I laugh and flush, straightening my graduation cap after she is finished with her loving assault.

"Thank you, Mum," I say with a nervous, yet excited, smile. She giggles and claps her hands together excitedly, tightly hugging Daniel. He smiles happily and gives me a proud nod, shooting me a thumbs up. I grin and nod back at him appreciatively.

Suddenly, another familiar face comes into view that makes my heart flutter with excitement.

Mark.

My dad.

Tears quickly flood my eyes as I run over to him, almost knocking him over as I throw my arms around him, shaking quite a bit.

"Dad!" I squeal, tears running down my face as I close my eyes. I keep my arms around his neck with a tight grip, crying into his shoulder.

"Louis! It's been so long!" he exclaims, kissing my head lovingly. My hands shake as I grip onto the back of his shirt, never wanting to let go of him.

"It's been too long, Dad," I say, correcting him and leaning back to look at his face but keeping my arms locked around his neck. He smiles wide and kisses my head again, both of us just enjoying each other's company. We have not seen each other in a very long time and it's absolutely amazing to have my dad back.

I finally am forced to let him go as Phoebe and Daisy begin to attack me, wanting hugs. I smile wide and pull them in close to me, closing my eyes. They hug me so tight that I can barely breathe, playfully gasping for air as they release me. My other siblings all ask for hugs and tell me how proud they are of me. I can't help the cheesy, embarrassed smile that won't go away.