Chapter Sixty

Elora's Pov
The intense stare gazed at the window a little tilting my head. I could see every little detail of the snow, such a beautiful sight aside from the worry pooling into my chest.

My fingertips rubbed all across my arms under my sweater for a moment before swaying my head to stare at Edward feeling his presence when he came to stand besides me. I exhaled a fake breath that I didn't even need to, slowly rubbing at his hands a few times.

"The snow is sticking." I muttered, his head slowly came to rest on top of my own, his arms still stroking at my shoulders.

"We still have a little time don't worry baby." He muttered to me. I kept a small grip on his hands, relaxing. Just a bit, time that little thing that seemed to reflect on so much.

"Alright love birds come on presents Austin, can you stop eating cookies for like a minute." The grin stayed across my face, Edward taking my hand as we made our way to the living room. Blake had eaten too much food visiting down from college. Austin was sitting on the floor with Ace.

"Here Tiana." I chuckled handing over the envelope to her, which she took curious like sitting down.

"What's this sweetie?" She questioned looking up for a moment using her nail to open it up.

"A paid little trip for you to visit California, you keep saying you wanna visit before you die." I chuckled leaning into the back hug Edward was giving me.

"Lucky!" Blake whined out sitting up with a groan.

"Blake you go to college In California!" Austin exclaimed looking up from where he was slipping a bracelet to Ace's wrist.

"Oh yeah... Ewww she's just gonna be closer to me." He whined out. She tossed a pillow his way rolling her eyes.

"A couple weeks.. I don't know I have work." She muttered out.

"I already made arrangements for you auntie." She arched an eyebrow my way.

"Trying to get rid of me Elora? It's working pretty well, thank you both of you." She chuckled happily making me visually relax. I pulled away from Edward for just a moment crouching down in front of the two all the chatter going around.

"Let me see that.. Wow Austin made that? He can be really creative isn't he honey?" Ace had a very wide set grin on his face playing with it. "It's so pretty."

"Elora I gave you your first tattoo, don't do me like that!" Happy times, these were the best moments I could live through they weren't too much and too little all from the little doze of time.

_____________________________
I tried my very best to drown out all the voices outside of the tent, I wanted to spend some more time with Ace while everyone was mentally preparing for what was left to come. "You see this Ace?" I muttered glancing down at him, his eyes were rounded with curious looks staring at the locket.

"Yeah it's really pretty momma did you make it?" I smiled softly nodding tracing the sliver designs.

"Yeah I'm pretty good with making things dad doesn't know, right here's there's a picture of me and him yeah? Just so you won't ever forget us. You might find yourself alone Ace but you are really strong. In a way I wish I was as strong as you, but Austin will always protect you, I promise-" I was cut off by him hugging me extremely tight like hiding his head on my chest. His breathing was fast and erratic.

I was quick to stroke at his curly hair leaning my head down pressing soft kisses across his head. "It's okay honey... Shh it's gonna be okay." I muttered rocking him a couple times.

"All this.. Because I fell in love with a human.."

__________________________
Morning came by a little faster then everyone anticipating, it was a little overwhelming seeing as I hadn't seen the Volturi since back when I went to save Edward. They were more intimidating in ways you didn't like. I rubbed at Edward's arms a couple times feeling him rubbing at my sides glancing down at Ace who was by our sides cuddling into his side a bit.

"If we live through this I'll follow you anywhere woman."

"Now you tell me?" I chuckled quietly under my breath looking away from the sight to focus back on the clearing, fluttering my eyes a few short times.

It didn't take long for the line of sights focusing on the black and red cloaks, there was so many of them, so many that each time you blinked your eyes it felt like they were multiplying in numbers.

I tightened my grip on Edward's arm feeling him squeeze me a little in reassurance my large bed of curls bouncing in place. "Aro's looking for Alice." He informed me quietly.

I shifted the snow crunching under my shoes, just for a moment just to listen to the sound of howling sounding out through out the sky. Watching Austin's really large wolf form come and stand near Ace rubbing his large head near Ace had me relaxing quite a lot.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner." Carlisle inches closer while he spoke. Aro seemed to just smile at his words.

"Fair words Carlisle. But a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us." I frowned a little.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent no laws have been broken here." A loud scoff escaped out of Caius, his hair getting into his view for a moment.

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools."

"He is not an immortal. These witnesses can attest that. You can see the flush of human blood in his cheeks." Carlisle really could be firm when he spoke.

"Artifice!" Just gotta keep holding my tongue, I can do this. I thought. Aro held out his hand for him to be silenced.

"I will collect every faucet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved." Edward just seemed really done and over it, with a hard look over his face, still he pulled away from me cupping at Ace's face smiling, then kissing my forehead before he was walking off.

I just couldn't fight the urge in my gut and tried to do all the training I had done with everyone, yet it just didn't work. Edward had made it in front of Aro holding out his hand for him to take which he did. It was stone silence expect for the small gasp that tore through his throat, before he was looking back over towards me.

"I'd like to meet him..."