Chapter Fourteen

Elora's Pov
"Really, you and your family play baseball?" I questioned looking into Edward's eyes very amused. He breathed out a small chuckle looking down at the grass in the meadow. For a moment his fingers brushing all over the grass strands a few times.

"Well yeah, here I'll explain." He laughed out closing his eyes to be in great thought. "There's a thunderstorm coming soon, Alice saw it coming we can play baseball better when a thunderstorm comes it's easier for us vampires to play." He teased quickly showering my face with kisses making me release a soft giggle holding Edwards arms more.

"Sounds fun." I giggled Edward smiled cutely at me. "I want you to come with?" He asked me finishing up the question finally, giving me soft eyes pleading for me to agree. I rubbed my fingertips across Edward's cold skin.

"Would it be a good idea? Wouldn't wanna ruin the flow." I giggled quickly hugging Edward pouncing on him. He let a loud laugh out holding me.

I smiled some more at him at so ease. "Yes." He chuckled slowly. He played with my hair looking up into my eyes.

Biting my lower lip I nodded my head fast interrupting in laughter. "Yes I'll come watch you guys play baseball." I giggled.

Edward grinned kissing me softly and I held his cheek kissing back, somehow I ended up rolling over and landed on the grass beside him.

I burst into laughter hiding my face laughing with Edward opening my eyes again. It was then you could see the sun peeking through the meadow and it warmed my skin but what I liked watching was the sunlight hit Edward's skin.

It lit up like thousands of crystals all over. Edward had his head resting against the grass looking at me and I was slowly laying on my arms gazing at Edward sparkle what a crazy, but a unique thing. Edward brought his hand up to trace my cheek I smiled. "Beautiful." Me and Edward both whispered at the same time.

____________________________
"You're quite lucky that my aunt and cousin didn't question you too much." I joked looking up at Edward, he playful placed a baseball cap on my head brushing my curls back.

"I like your aunt she reminds me of you." He joked. I slapped his arm playful a few times, he chuckled pressing a kiss to my forehead. He slammed the door to Jeep behind me with a hard slam, placing his arm over my shoulder.

I looked across the grass field at Emmett and Rosalie playful doing a game with the bat to see who would get the bat leaving Jasper and Alice who were just warming up.

"Elora." Esme called smiling at me once met her halfway across the field. "I'm happy you could join us." She called pulling me from Edward who gave her a playful look but went to go warm up with the rest.

"I need another umpire." Esme teased to me to me her hand rubbing all over my upper arms.

"She thinks we cheat." Emmett called laughing spinning around to watch the both of us.

"I know you cheat." Esme laughed over her shoulder, she then patted me on the shoulder a couple times.

"Call it as you see it, Elora." Esme explained to me I nodded taking quick notes or seemed easy, but with my very absent mind was more complicated then I would have liked. I jolted a small bit when a huge bolt of lightning lit upon the sky followed by some very loud rumbling thunder.

"Its time," Alice called smiling brightly, Esme pulled me alongside her and I watched closely Emmett was at the bat Alice was pitching and I watched closely.

"That's gotta be a home run right Esme?" I asked Esme watching Rosalie run across the base, Esme shook her head playfully.

"Edward is pretty fast." She joked looking back across the field I watched as Edward quickly grabbed the ball and threw it and fast Esme caught it.

"Out." Esme called since Rosalie slide in late

"Out!" Emmett exclaimed Rosalie let a small glare go across her face.

"Babe come on it's just a game." Emmett joked she shot me a glare before she stalked away bumping past me.

For a little, while more I finally know why they play during thunderstorms cause it adds to the effects and the strength they use.

It was pretty cool actually, I cracked a smile as Edward looked at me from the side he sent me a small wink and I giggled making him smile.

Jasper hit one strong ball that flew and Alice gasped shouting a loud. "Stop!" Making everyone immediately stop.

"They were just about to leave but they heard us." Alice strained out hard like, Edward rushed over to me quickly using his speed and I had assumed he read Alice's mind.

Edward moved my curly hair and pulled in front to cover my neck. "I'm hiding your scent." He whispered looking pained a but staring at me.

"Like that will help I can smell her all the way across the field." Rosalie sneered walking pass.

"I shouldn't have brought you here I'm sorry." He whispered placing his arms around my waist.

"They're here." Alice cried out. "Stay close to me." Edward pleaded in a stern voice. I nodded Edward pulling me closer to him then slowly we stood in the line with everyone else looking worried.