Chapter Thirty Four

Elora's Pov
"Who was it? was it someone we know?"

"No, it was a complete stranger I didn't recognize his scent."

"A passerby just passing through?"

"A passerby wouldn't have left Elora's aunt and cousin alive."

"The scent disappeared half a mile away from Elora's house." Everyone talking all at once back at the Cullen house really wasn't making my anxiety any better.

It wasn't a pleasant thought, that a random vampire was snooping through my room, looking through my sketchbooks and possibly smelling my clothes.

It just sent creepy shivers down my spine. I chewed at my nails pacing by the couch, looking at my shoes, gently being tugged by Alice to sit down next to her on the light grey couch.

She gently patted my arm up and down giving me a caring smile which I gently returned the best I could. How could you be upset at Alice when she is always bubbly, and at the moment, she was serious as can be.

"Someone is orchestrating this," Carlisle commented looking between everyone with concern flashed behind his gold eyes.

"Victoria?" I questioned quietly still bouncing my knee up and down to make the anxiety worse. Alice gently shook her head focusing on me.

"No, I would have seen her decide." She explained. Edward scoffed a little to himself but he still held concern.

"Then it has to be the Volturi then." He said once again.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either I've been watching Aro's decisions as well." I breathed out a small sigh messing with my curls a bit to ease discomfort, and to relax.

"Then we keep searching," Emmett called out faster than anyone giving me a smile to help reassure it all.

"Will also take turns guarding Elora's house," Carlisle explained to everyone. You could see the flash if annoyance against Rosalie's face.

"Another protection detail?" She snapped.

  "No she's right absolutely not, there's no way you guys can protect me, search for  the intruder, and also keep feeding." I snapped out looking between everyone who focused on me. "And search for Victoria," Rosalie added.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless," Edward argued back forceful at me.

"I'm not gonna let you guys starve to protect me and my family, and I wouldn't be unprotected I have," I mumble trailing off biting at my lip deeply. Edward was looking at me in confusion before his face twisted into disapproving once he read my thoughts.

"Elora please no."

________________________
It wasn't completely easy getting Edward to agree to take guarding shifts with Austin, Jacob, and the whole pack. Many days I got to get along and the wolves would take over when anyone had to hunt. I opened the door to my house letting Jacob, Bella, and Austin out following behind them watching Edward scowling deeply when looking at the two.

"Well, whoever it was he left his stink behind," Austin commented looking straight at everyone tying all his hair up into a tight man bun.

Bella was sticking close to Jacob being more quiet but observing. "It will be hard to miss when we cross it again," Jacob said once again looking at Edward with disgust. I gripped my backpack already growing restless with the argument about to start. "Will handle it from here." Austin calmly answered.

"We don't need you to handle anything or anyone." Edward sneered out straight at him.

"Oh, I could care less what you need," Austin responded in a hard tone. Edward scoffed again.

"We're done here." He answered.

  "No, you're done here." Austin snapped while Jacob was watching the two.

"Enough!" I shouted at the two watching Bella get shocked jumping. "I'm tired of this, from now on I'm switching between you two okay," I exclaimed in frustration and pure exhaustion shown in my eyes.

"Understood?" I questioned watching as the both of them nodded, Edward still giving Austin the not so friendly stare.

"Bella come on let's head to school," I answered watching as she said goodbye to Jacob who hugged her tightly and I said goodbye to all three of them just needing a small break from it all.

Me and Bella walked to my car and I let get in first getting in tossing my backpack to rest in the back seat and drove off from my house, speeding just a little bit arriving at the school in a speedy amount of time.

Once we were close, I parked in the parking lot and rested my head on the steering wheel taking a few minutes for some me-time

I haven't had it for a while.  "It must be tough dating a vampire." Bella quietly joked to lighten up the mood.

I breathed out a chuckle glad she couldn't notice the tears of frustration leaking from my eyes.  "Yeah, it must be hard dating a wolf." I joked back wiping at my eyes quickly, laughing quietly with Bella who rubbed my upper back up and down.

"Its gonna be okay Elora, Edward is gonna protect you, and Austin and Jake will make sure you have extra protection k." She whispered softly giving me a gentle smile.

I felt the new wave of tears leave me as I chuckled wiping at my face quicker. "Thanks, Bella," I said watching as she left rubbing my back even more.

"Anytime, take a few minutes okay class doesn't start for another thirty minutes."