Chapter Five

Edward's Pov
I slammed the door shut to my Volvo storming my way into the house hearing Rosalie exclaiming to me. I choose to ignore her for at least once. I wasn't in the mood at all, I didn't even know why I was so angry for.

"Edward what is wrong with you?" Rosalie exclaimed when I was trying to calm myself down my eyes pitch black. My hunger has never been this out of balance and out of control, never did a day at school make me feel more like a monster.

"I need to hunt Esme." I strained out when she came out of the kitchen fast. She was staring at me as soon as I entered inside the house before anyone else.

"Edward, what's wrong?" She rushed out to me when I clutched my fist a bit. Shifting my eyes about, looking left and right lifting my hand to run through each strand of my hair slowly.

"I need to stay home for a few days please?" I asked her when she nodded fast. Tilting her head a little as well.

"Alright Edward just tell me the days and I'll get them excused alright." She reassured me. Her hand reached out to squeeze at my arm a little, it wasn't calming me down at all.

I nodded so thankful for Esme to be my mother figure, at least she could bring a little bit of comfort and reassurance.

I used my vampire speed to rush into my room slamming the door fast. I didn't need Rosalie questioning me even more. I don't know how I was able to control myself today at all I shut my eyes tight.

I thought I was gonna drain all of Elora's blood right then and there in the lunchroom while she was with Bella having them sitting together is the worse combination ever. It was a big clash of blood all at once.

Elora's scent is so strong it's like strawberries and vanilla an odd mix but it changes deepening on what she wears and what body wash she used the previous night from her showers. I never had met someone with a more beautiful aura, or scent.

I hate myself for not noticing her before. She is a year ahead of me so she has two more years here. I carefully sat on the floor of my room and rested my head on my knees, fluttering my eyes. Holding back had me feel exhausted.

I'm a monster I can't even breath like the human I once was, I have no heartbeat, no pulse just a monster I thought bitterly.

I felt soothing feeling going through me and I let a small sigh of reliving feeling all the negative energy gone and replaced with a calming feeling.

"Thanks, Jas," I whispered knowing he could hear me from my closed room.

I ran one of my hands through my deep brown hair could it be possible that Elora is my bloodsinger? Or maybe my mate I thought in awe.

That is crazy because Bella's blood did the same but not as strong.

I shook my head side to side with these days I am taking off, I'll be able to straighten out everything including my thirst I thought holding my throat a bit when the thirst for blood came back and I quickly jumped out my open window heading out to hunt cause I knew I really needed it.

_______________________
Elora's Pov
"Blake come on let's stop screwing around in the woods," I called to Blake who jumped from log to log. His chuckles soon followed shortly after. I cracked a smile it's hard to believe he is seventeen. He acts very childish indeed. Maybe that's a good thing to hold onto the small innocent you have, before the world just comes crashing down on you taking it away.

"Alright, Elora it will be fine just like fifteen more minutes you've been mopping around since you found out that Edward Cullen keeps staring at you," Blake called loudly making me so embarrassed a sigh leaving me quickly.

I covered my face for a moment with my warm palm.  "Shut up he shouldn't have a reason to when I barely talked to him." I called to Blake who was laughing hard at me. Tossing his head back in the process shaking with his laughter.

"Or maybe because you were talking to Bella about them today you know that family is odd what siblings do you know that date?" He called scrunching his face up I wasn't sure if it was so busy or not.

I made a face at Blake as well.  "They're adopted siblings Blake that's their business who cares." I called out shrugging my shoulders back a little. Wasn't our concern.

"I care." Blake called. I then watched him fall off the log making me burst into laughter. Once he landed on the rough patch with a hard crash like thump.

"See there goes Karma, stop talking about people."  I remarked out through my laughter shaking.  He grumbled at me waving me off once he pushed himself off, brushing off the dead grass and leaves on his clothing.

"Anyway! Why is the Cullen boy bugging you so much I thought you didn't care what people were saying?" Blake called looking over his shoulder at me I chewed on my lower lip some more.

"I don't care really." I muttered helping Blake up.

"But why now why not last year?" I put out there, Blake hummed nodding looking at amused.

"Maybe he didn't notice how cool you are till now." Blake pointed out he started walking back and I was following.

"Hey you think there are such things as wolves Elora?" He called to me and I looked behind me I heard a loud tussle of the bushes.  I quickly followed after Blake not liking that sound.

"Yes, Blake I do I believe in a lot of things."

"Like mermaids?"

"Shut up Blake."