Chapter Fifteen

Elora's Pov
I wasn't too sure how long I was holding my breath for, I knew that my heart was pounding against my rib cage at a fast rate.
And the whole entire time I kept my head down holding onto Edward's hand tightly but knew my grip had no real deep or bad effect on him. I just felt nervous and all the unease in the entire world.

I could sense my own fear in a way, the way I was sweating or even just by the way I fidget lightly.

But all the while Edward wasn't gonna let my hand go and he pulled me close to him helping me ease a few my worries coursing through each and every single vein inside of me.

"Come on just one game?" I heard one the voice speak and I finally grew the courage to look up scanning my brown eyes across each of the three unfamiliar faces.

They had red eyes which reminded me of the conversation I once had with Edward.

"Red-eyed vampires are different from us they feed off humans, while we feed off animals."

I blinked my eyes fast and grew even more worried if they find out I'm a human...? now I was panicking and it was showing visibly on my face.

He quickly leaned his head down to whisper to me gently pressing a kiss down on my temple.

"Elora it's gonna be okay, I won't let anything happen to you, you know that." He whispered gently.  I inhaled once again sharply before I swiftly nodded.

I trust Edward, it's me I don't trust, I might end up doing something stupid.

The rest of the conversation I slowly drowned out after a while, I looked around noticing me and Edward stayed in place while everyone else was swiftly moving around.

Edward was having a stare down with James and I inhaled watching as Edward put his arm around me shielding me away and started walking off with me, but oh curse the breeze for blowing by and whipping my hair away exposing my neck.

I heard a deep intake and watched as Edward turned his head around.

"Looks like you brought a snack." James cooed out and quickly moved forward before I could even bat an eyelash. Edward had quickly shoved me behind him in a protective manner.

I gasped watching as Edward along with everyone else was in front of me.

"The girl is with us, it's best you take your leave now." Carlisle demanded and the other quickly grabbed James whispering harshly to each other now.

My heart was speeding up deeply I felt almost lost-headed like at any given minute my body was gonna collapse.

"Edward get Elora out of here now." Carlisle demanded and Edward was quick to grab my hand and pulled me alongside him.

I was frantic to start talking fast even though my words were stammered and deeply stumbled over.

Edward helped me into the Jeep and helped me get my seatbelt on before quickly hopping into the drivers gripping onto the steering wheel starting to pull out fast.

"Edward what the hell is going on, please you have to talk to me." I exclaimed fast my heart was still rapidly beating and it was slowly getting hard to breath.

A panic attack? No anxiety? "James is a tracker Elora, he can trace your scent." Edward strained out hard still gripping the wheel and that's when my gasps got louder.

I held onto my chest inhaling hard looking out the window to try and calm down.

"S-so now he is gonna come after me?" I strained out and felt the panic attack rise and gripped onto the seat a little bit and inhaled hard.

"He can track your scent, no matter where you go damn it." Edward snapped he then hit the wheel and I shut my eyes.

"If he can track my scent he is gonna go to my house Edward you have to take me back." I demanded through the rapid strain in my voice.

"No, I can't take you back home Elora, you'll be safer this way."

"I can't leave my aunt and cousin Edward! That's selfish!" I screamed I shouldn't have because it made it my panic attack worst.

I groaned trying to curl up, Edward was quick to slam on the breaks of the Jeep and park fast and at the fastest speed, he unbuckled his seat belt and had me in his hold, holding me on his lap.

"Elora... you have to breathe for me okay," Edward whispered and I didn't care at this moment.

I slowly laid my head on the crook of his neck letting more rapid breaths out shaking.  He wrapped both his arms around me and gently rubbed at my sides and waist laying his head on top of mine.

"I-I'm so scared." I whispered slowly letting my tears of fear leave me and I gripped onto Edward's shirt weakly my tears leaking through.

"I promise Elora you are my life now, I won't let anything happen to you, I will keep you safe even if it means I risk my life for you." Edward whispered.

I hiccup a little trying to stop these embarrassing tears from leaving me, they just kept coming down.

I brought my hand up to wipe at my cheeks streaming down my face and gently Edward's finger were brushing away the tears.

He pecked my temple gently and then my nose then pressed a small kiss on my lips which I returned gently slowly my panic attack dying down.

I think Edward noticed my heart was slowly going back to normal and he kept stroking my cheek mumbling things to me.

I was feeling slightly better not as panicked as before but I was able to get a grip on myself. Edward just sat there still holding me almost like in a daze looking ahead at the wet road.

I did the same keeping my gaze at the rain gently hitting down all outside I jolted a bit startled.

I heard a huge bang on the hood of the Jeep and flinched holding onto Edward. "It's just Emmett don't worry." He mumbled and I instantly relaxed breathing in Edward's scent and shut my eyes once again.