Chapter Forty One

Elora's Pov
My jittery feeling never really goes away. I had a small hat shoved onto my head to protect me from all the cold, I wonder a little when I pricked my fingers watching the blood seep through. I then wiped it on the bark base of the tree pressing my fingers a bit all over spreading the blood, I carefully made my way back towards Edward who had the backpack with everything. He instantly grabbed my hand to look at it concerned.

"Don't you think you're going a little overboard?" He chuckled a little a faint smile growing on his fave, studying the micro wound. I casually grabbed a bandaid from my pocket wrapping it around my fingers once he had dropped my hand from his grip.

"Jasper said my blood would make them go in a frenzy." I joked not forgetting the small look he shot me, "Hey it's okay don't make yourself uncomfortable," I reassured him seeing the look on his face.

I knew him way too well. He gave me a small shake of his head giving me a smile. "It doesn't bother me anymore." He reassured me.

"Since when?" I asked gently tilting my head.

"Since I spent twenty-four hours thinking you were dead." I patted his shoulder remembering all that stuff back when he left, feeling Edward grab my hand again looking stiff, confused.

"You're not wearing your ring?" He looked at me still confused.

"I didn't wanna risk losing it." It was partially true. I didn't wanna lose it here out in the woods but also Austin seeing it. He was gonna have a mega freak-out.

"Or risk Austin seeing it. " He commented chuckling. I winced just a little bit.

"I think we should wait till after the fight to tell him," I explained to Edward, who was giving me feel head nods of focus.

"If you're having second thoughts..." I quickly shook my head.

"No no, my head is clear I promise, I just want him to have a clear head." I started but then Austin has made this appearance his hair pulled him into a bun, yet again with no shirt on.

"Who's head is unclear?" He asked me with a smile. I gave him one back.

"No one's I hope." I joked making my way over to him Austin lifted me up bridal style with ease.

"Something up?" He asked me I gave him a quick head shake no.

"A bunch of thirsty vampires wanting to kill me." I laughed when Austin did the same thing.

"Same old same old. " The both of us somehow were able to make light of the situation before he was carrying me up the mountain towards the campsite.

____________________________
After a slightly less drama-filled night of almost freezing to death and having Austin cuddle me with no shirt off to keep me warm. I've had some better days with two men wanting to murder one another greatly.

I unzipped the tent looking out to the all fresh snow amazed and smiled faintly. It was like a crystal wonderland. "Hey, Seth." I greeted him in his wolf form hearing him let a soft growl out brushing passed me letting his head glide across my hand before he looking at me like a little puppy.

I tugged my hoodie sleeves down a bit making my way over to Edward who was looking around at all the trees. He glanced at me his features relaxing watching me softly.

"I'm really sorry about last night." I didn't know why I was apologizing I just felt like I had to. Edward kissed my cheek gently.

"Definitely wasn't my favorite evening." He looked at me some more.

"You have a list?" He gave me a soft chuckle in response.

"Most of them are when I spend with you, the number one thought Is when you said you'd marry me, Mrs. Cullen." I felt my face grow extra hot with heat towards my brown cheeks facing the snow that crunched under my combat boots.

"At least I know I won't forget my name," I said shyly the both of us chuckling with one another. It was then I heard someone behind us.

"You're marrying him?" I spun around quickly to see a very pissed of Austin more than I ever have seen him.

"Austin I..." I then turned to Edward to see he didn't look the least surprised.

"You knew he was listening Edward," I said in disbelief.

"He needs to know Elora." Edward defended it. Austin quickly had spun around marching away.

I quickly went after him. "Austin stop!" Edward's hand reached out to stop.

"Elora let him-" I quickly snapped out, tugging at my arm a little.

"Edward, no let go." He released me with a small look growing across his face , it took some time for me to jog after Austin.

"Austin please stop I swear I was gonna tell you I swear please." I pleased following him up the hill.

"No I'm done, Elora! I'm done chasing after you, you can't even see that slowly he is gonna kill you all of them are." Austin snapped at me moving towards me after he turned to face me.

I was panicking greatly I didn't know what I could do. "W-what can I do?" I begged moving towards him again.

"Nothing only I can, I need to actually do something, kill a vampire." I stepped towards him again.

"Austin you are thinking clearly I'm so sorry." I kept saying but he just kept going on and on snapping at me and I deserved it.

"Or maybe if I end up getting killed it would be simple." Pure panic-struck through me.

I needed to do something to keep my best friend in the right kind. "Austin no! Please just stay." I cracked out. He whipped back around to face me.

"Why? Give me a reason." He demanded.

"Because you're my best friend, you're so important to me, after everything that's been going on you be stayed by my side and I've been so selfish to that. I never say thank you or show you that I care, but I am now saying thank you for all you be done Austin I'm sorry." I whimpered.

He looked to be in thought and went to go down the hill so then I screamed out the one thing that went through my head.

"Austin! Kiss me... I'm asking you to kiss me." I started to tear up seeing him turn back to face me in shock, before he slowly made his way towards me and he leaned in before lowering his head pressing his lips onto mine, and this time it wasn't forced.

I kissed him back gently my lips moving with his slowly. He pulled me much closer to him his bare chest pressing against me. It lasted a few minutes before he pulled away pecking my lips slightly knowing this was gonna be the last and only time this happened.

"I'm sorry too... I don't know what I've been thinking I... Gotta go but I'll be back okay." He looked at me gently and flashed me a smile kissing my forehead instead, I watched him make his way down and I was in more shock than I told Austin to kiss me.

What the hell was wrong with me? I held my arms through the sleeves of my black hoodie climbing my way back down towards where Edward was seeing he was locking his eyes on me.

"Did you see?" I asked feeling ashamed of myself greatly.

"No but Austin's thoughts are quite loud." He answered. I kept slowly rubbing my arms greatly.

"I'm so sorry... I don't know what happened I don't." I stammered out. Edward was looking at me still with soft eyes.

"You love him." He commented, my eyes looked back up to stare at him, and I glanced at him to the fullest with my brown eyes.

"I-I love you more. " I whispered my heart not wanting to accept it. But that made more sense than anything.

"I know love." He made his way towards me and we watched as Seth bonded his way towards us growling while Edward was staring at him deeply. He then turned back towards me "It's starting."