Chapter Twenty

Elora's Pov
"I'm still gonna say this babe, being older does not make me cuter." I called amused looking away from one of the painting up in Carlisle's office sitting on the desk watching Edward wander around keeping his eyes on me.

"And how many times am I gonna say that yes it does." He called amused laced in his voice. I kept my gaze on him gripping onto the desk smiling so far its been the best birthday I've had in years.

Back at the house my aunt and cousin were teasing me endlessly, he joked not to get pregnant later today which resulted in me throwing pillows at him embarrassed.

Edward moved towards me standing in between my legs placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "Can we talk about changing me?" I mumbled softly shutting my eyes to enjoy each small kiss he placed across my head.

"I made a promise that I wouldn't turn you unless it came to it, Elora." He mumbled again in the same tone he gave me earlier.

"You won't want me when I'm older than you all gross Edward." I joked watching him crack a small pressing his final kiss on my lips.

"I always will love you and nothing and I mean nothing will change that, my love for you is staying." He mumbled gently on my lips letting me peck them softly, letting me play with his hair relaxing a bit.

"Promise?" I mumbled.  He slowly nodded his head, brushing bits of my hair away.

"I promise." He whispered and I smiled softly pulling him close to me again kissing him even more, feeling him pulling me closer to him wrapping both arms around my waist.

I let a small smile grace across my lips giggling on his lips, feeling him chuckle pecking my lips more.

"Time to head downstairs, Alice and Rosalie should be done decorating." He mumbled playfully.  I smiled pulling away for a moment sliding off the desk.

"Then we should get going lover boy." I mumbled pulling down the dress a bit letting a small squeal out, feeling Edward back hugging me kissing all over my shoulders as he helped walk me downstairs.

________________________
"Alice I didn't need all this thank you." I beamed looking at her glancing at the box amazed at the art supplies she got me. Edward was still holding me peeking through the box curious like watching me.

"I saw that you needed some more sketchbooks, and drawing pencils since you're a busy bean always doodling." She joked looking up at Jasper who was watching her.

"It's amazing thank you so much." I called out Edward chuckled a little still looking through the box.

"What's that?" He asked confused touching my hands watching me.

"Markers that I need for tracing." I answered looking up at him amused.

"For those dreams you have." Emmett called out amused.

"I still think it's amazing that she can draw out every dream she has like that." Jasper called out giving me a smile.

"How do you think I feel it's amazing looking through them." Edward praised kissing my cheek with a bright smile.

"Shhh it is not." I whined listening to everyone chuckle it only took an hour before I finally got to get the gift Esme and Carlisle had gotten me.

I walked over taking the small package with a smile. "I've noticed you've been stressed lately, and maybe this will help with it." Esme told me giving me a soft smile making me smile at her.

Moving back over to Edward opening the package with my nails. I let a small hiss slip out from my lips, quickly before sucking the blood to make sure it didn't drip turning away fast.

I felt Edward look at me concerned and worried. "Sorry, just a small paper cut." I mumbled shaking my head holding the cut for my stupid actions.

I'm in a house full of vampires. I turned around looking at Edward who was quick to rush over to me quickly everything to happen fast and I felt blood soaking through my arms.

Edward pushing Jasper away at first I was in shock to what was happening, before letting a small groan out lifting myself up a bit holding my arm to at least stop the bleeding.

I looked up feeling Carlisle rushing over to me. "Elora look at me?" He asked softly and I took a deep breath in choking on a soft whimper at the pain.

"It hurts." I mumbled looking around seeing Edward and Jasper rushed outside with Alice everyone couldn't handle the blood.

"Let's get you to my office." He told me helping me up and I slowly nodded holding onto him making my way with him.

After a while I was watching Carlisle cut the thread to my stitches. "How come you aren't affected by all the blood Carlisle?" I asked softly watching him burn the cotton balls in the small fireplace.

He cracked a small smile. "Being a doctor I've become unbothered by it, you've also come to the hospital with bumps and cuts." He joked making me chuckle weakly looking down at the small blood splatters across my white and black dress.

"Edward loves you Elora, but knowing he hurt you its gonna take some time for him to accept this." He whispered to me softly giving me a small pat on my shoulder with a gentle smile.

I slowly gave him one back softly nodding flicking my gaze back into the fire for a bit. The start of a great birthday slowly went downhill.

I gently traced my stitches letting my fingers glide across the faded bite marks from last year. No matter what I never could be upset with him, still being human I'm clumsy and I had to be careful.

"Let's go get you a change of clothes, and then Edward will take you home okay." He explained to me helping me off the medical table and once again I nodded.