(New Moon-) Chapter Twenty Nine

Elora's Pov
Once we got on the plane, Edward hadn't left my side once, not even when I dozed off for a little while gazing out the window. The faint sound of the screams of the people getting attacked in Italy still fresh in my mind.

Edward had his head resting on my shoulder, stroking my hair a little, mumbling and talking to me gently and delicate like.

"Your hair is shorter." He pointed out the soft smile staying across his face as I watched him.

"I cut it shorter the last time I saw you. " I whispered to him hearing him chuckle.

"And you also got a tattoo, what else did I miss huh? Your still my quiet Elora right?" He asked me making me crack a smile.

"You always tell me to speak up, but I am still quiet, not a lot has changed Edward," I whispered feeling him gently rub my cheek with the back of his fingers lightly.

"Still so beautiful, get some sleep for me okay?" He whispered gently but I was afraid to shut my eyes. But his reassuring eyes made it easy for me to slowly slip back into sleep.

Him pulling me to rest on his chest still stroking my head. Pressing a gentle kiss to the top of my head.

____________________________
The loud whimpers escaped passed my lips like a recording on repeat. "Please no," I whispered clutching at my bed waking up with a startled gasp. The nightmare lingering before I slightly relaxed seeing Edward was shaking me awake with worry in his eyes.

It was nostalgic seeing him in the same suit he wore for my birthday, it brought a lot of memories. "Elora love, are you alright?" He asked me worried.

I took a deep breath in wiping my tears away before nodding. "Just a nightmare," I whispered slowly reaching over turning the lamp on, laying back on my side, feeling him rubbing my arms softly.

"Elora baby, I need you to listen okay," he mumbled licking his lips. "I only did all this was so you could have a chance at a normal life without me. I know I failed you, but I won't fail you again. I won't cause you this much pain ever again, being away from you, was like death itself, I promise you I won't again." He whispered.

I slowly wrapped my arms around him, pulling him to lay on top of me hugging him tightly. Not wanting to let go at all.

He laid down next to me bringing me close to him stroking my side, snuggling I once again drifted into asleep, that was yet again filled with endless dreams waiting to be drawn.

The very next day went by quicker than when I fell asleep and I spent that very morning with Edward and everyone discussing about me being turned into a vampire, discussing how they were gonna move back here, and enroll everyone into there last year of school.

We really had no other choice but to do it after all. The Volturi are very powerful and the leaders of there whole kind, and it also was a vision that Alice saw which means it must happen in the near future.

Edward wasn't too kin on the idea and upset for the majority of the day, begging me to change my mind and to reconsider. But then I remembered that Austin needed to meet Edward, and it was either gonna be good or bad depending on how Austin reacts to him.

Edward has met Jacob from a request from Bella so it shouldn't be too bad I hope. I stepped out of my car first Edward slipping out from the passenger seat. Sitting on his hood Austin looked up from reading his book smiling at me but gave Edward a small look as we both made out way towards him.

"Hey, beautiful," Austin mumbled giving me a big hug ignoring the look Edward gave him. "You must be Edward, the bloodsucker, but her boyfriend?" he questioned with a small firm head nod.

"I am your Austin her best friend. " He answered back "That would be me, I took care of her while she cried." He explained setting the book down.

" I just wanna thank you for taking care of her. " Edward called out Austin cracked a small smile shaking his head.

"She's my best friend, I'm always gonna take care of her whenever you hurt her." He answered. "I promise I won't hurt her again," Edward explained slipping his arms to rest on my waist a little.

Austin hummed pulling his hair back from his face "will see." He answered.

"Elora, we should hang out and talk soon okay." He told me with another smile which I gave him, us both hugging again.

We both watched as he got into his car driving away "quite the character he is." Edward mumbled, shaking his head he looked at me.

"He's just my best friend," I reassured him watching Edward grab my hands and bring me to the edge of the woods holding them tightly gazing into my eyes.

"Elora, I know I can't completely make up for all the pain and hurt I cause, and knowing you were still dealing with Victoria, and being reckless at the same time befriending wolves, I wanna make it up." He told me softly.

I looked up at him confusion laced across my face because I truly don't know how he can make up for all that. Most of which was my decision to make.

"Edward all of those things, we're my decision, I was reckless yes, but not enough to get me killed, I just didn't know what to truly do with myself, having you back is enough for me to wanna heal again," I whispered lacing our hands again.

Edward slowly leaned his head down, and rested his forehead against mine, slowly pressing his lips to mine whispering on them.

"Marry me, Elora."