Chapter Twenty Two

Elora's Pov
My face stayed scrunched up really tightly as I felt my heart pick up speed curling into my bed as much as I could. Pushing back the panic attack as best as I could.

I squeezed my eyes even tighter gasping for air wanting the nightmare to end as quickly as it could. I felt hands shaking me desperately to wake up and I did. I woke up with a startled gasp fluttering my eyes open I looked at Blake who was watching me with worried eyes.

"You okay?" He asked me In a soft small tone. I focused my gaze on him before slowly giving a small smile to not worry him nodding my head.

"Yeah Blake, just a bad dream that's all," I reassured him.  He gave me a small look that didn't look to promising before he wrapped me in a big hug pulling me close.

I laid my head on his shoulder shutting my eyes feeling him rub it up and down.

"Its gonna be okay Elora.  You are such a strong person and you're the best cousin I could ask for." He whispered near my ear making me crack a soft sad smile tightening my grip on him.

"Thanks, Blake I need that."

______________________
The months had flown by and soon a little over a year passed. The seasons came and gone. And of course, I had felt empty all the time. But I couldn't stop everything all at once because I was hurting.

A little bit of the way to help myself was I wrote letters to express how I was feeling. I wrote a couple of songs to help ease the leftover worries that grew.

My dreams brought a painful memory of Edward looking through my sketchbook but I still drew every dream like they were the last. The only thing that seemed to worry my aunt and Blake was the nightmares that wouldn't go away.

I sat at the lunch table with Bella and everyone laughing and joking with one another to lighten up the mood. I played with my pencil a bit, I felt my eyes shift over to their empty table making me stare at it a bit before I shook my head a bit.

I focused on Bella when she touched my arm with a smile. "Hey, Elora wanna hang out with me and Jake today after school? One of his friends is in town and I don't wanna meet him alone." She told me chuckling.

I breathed out a chuckle before nodding my head.  "Sure why not I have nothing better to do." I joked watching her smile as she squeezed my arm one last time.

_______________________
I shut the door to Bella's truck walking around the dirt path flicking my eyes around. I only have been in La Push once that was back before Bella and Jacob started dating.

I'm sure now she has been out here quite a lot more than me. I followed Bella up the path to Jacob's house, seeing him in the garage and there was another guy watching him working on his truck.

He had beautiful long hair like Jacob and a few tattoos spotted around his tan skin. He looked up as he was laughing with Jacob a kind, gentle smile on his face. Jacob got up with a smile his friend getting up with him as they both met us halfway.

Jacob greeted Bella with a hug and a kiss which she returned. "Elora long time no see." Jacob joked and I gave him a playful smile gazing at him.

"Likewise Jake I hope you've been taking care of Bella." I told him sternly and he laughed at me playful nodding his head.

"Always am." He chuckled still holding Bella close making me smile.  The boy next to Jacob cleared his throat.

"Jake, who might this be?" He asked flicking his eyes between us. His voice was slightly deep but it was filled with the right kind.

"So this is Bella, my girlfriend Bella this is my childhood friend Austin he is coming back to live out here." He explained.

I kept my eyes on Austin who smiled at Bella.  "Nice to meet you." Bella called.

"Likewise." Austin greeted her but his eyes stayed on me with the same soft smile.

"I'm Elora," I told him giving him my hand to shake.  He gently grabs it in his warmth radiating off feeling me with warmth.

"Nice to meet you, Elora." He told me and I couldn't help the smile that stayed on my face as I kept my hand in his.

"It's nice to meet you too Austin." I whispered keeping my eyes on his as he kept his hold on my hand turning his attention back on to Jacob who was just smiling.

"Shall we head inside?" Jacob called out and all of us nodded and for some odd reason, I wanted to stay near Austin.

He just gave off pure kind energy that made my hurt slightly go away and liked the feeling quite a bit.

Austin