Chapter Forty

Elora's Pov
I made my way across the grass to my house looking a little in confusion when I saw Alice coming out of the house chatting with my Aunt Tiana with ease who was still in her uniform from work. I had just made my way up towards them when I heard Alice giggling. "Don't be a stranger Alice." Tiana gave Alice a smile, who waved giggling.

"I won't ma'am." I looked at Alice with a wave of amusement washing over my face.

"Since we are you two close?" I joked. Alice rolled her eyes with a grin.

"Me she likes, I was just telling her that the plans for the battle are all sorted out. Tiana thinks you're gonna be having a sleepover at my house with me." Alice was giving me a smile.

"Well actually you and Edward are gonna have the house to yourselves, we all are going hunting warming up for the battle." I smiled nodding my head, but my mind was still deeply fresh with this idea I had.

Well, it was more of a thought remembering the chat I had with my Aunt. The slightly awkward sex talk even though I already had it with her years ago. She was shocked to believe I was a virgin but so was I. I just kept smiling at Alice nodding my head.

_______________________________
Okay deep breaths Elora it's just Edward you've been with him for a few years it's just a sleepover. I told myself in my mind gripping my backpack with stuff packed in it. I was bubbling with nervousness, slightly pacing across the grass before finally making my way up to the porch the breeze blowing through and all around my curls. The front door opened and Edward came outside looking at me softly.

"Hey what are you doing out here? It's cold." He told me softly with worry. I gave him a deep reassuring smile taking his hand in my own, he leads me inside taking me up the stairs towards his room.

I stayed by his side still telling myself to take deep breaths in and out. I looked around Edward's room in surprise noticing one new key detail in there. "A bed?" I whispered confused slowly dropping my bag down to trace the elegant looking sheets feeling Edward was standing beside me.

"I didn't want you sleeping on the couch tonight. " He chuckled making me also chuckle. I then started chewing at my lower lip noticing a shift in Edward's eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked me slowly taking my hand bringing me to sit on the edge of the bed with him.

I started bouncing my knee up and down and shifted my body to face him. "I wanted to ask you something." I started out hoping not to frighten him too much.

"Anything?" Edward answered me with a soft smile.

"I think marriage is the condition for you to change me yourself, right?" I focused on him to see him looking really conflicted on the topic but he nodded his head.

"Yes." He answers after a small moment of silence that followed between us.

"Okay I want to offer my own condition." I whispered slowly playing with the sheets on the bed, letting them guide around my palms. Edward lifted my hand up holding it closer to him.

"Anything you want, it's yours." He whispered back to me. I kept my eyes on him.

"You promise?" I whispered shyly slowly moving closer.

"Yeah." He answers me without a single second of hesitation following his next words, his eyes still scanning me the light flickering across the soft hue of his eyes.

I slowly leaned in and pressed my lips onto his lifting my hand up to grip his hair gently moving my lips with his, which he returned deeply. Before he slowly pulled away looking at me conflicted like he knew what I meant, and he saw what I was thinking as well.