Chapter Thirty Nine

Elora's Pov
My brain for some reason couldn't shake away this feeling. And I've had this feeling for quite a while. After Jasper told me his back story. And how Maria use to control him. What if Victoria was really behind all this. She just was letting someone else decide. I jolted awake in a cold sweat my heart beating fast from the strange dream, feeling Edward was still in bed with me. "What is it?" He asked me quietly slowly playing with my hair. I took a deep breath.

"The intruder... The newborn army they all are her puppets Victoria." I muttered slowly sitting up, looking back at him when he looked at me in more confusion.

"Alice would have seen if she wanted to make an army baby." He explained to me, but I gave him a quick head shake.

"Unless she's hiding behind them, and letting someone else decide Edward," I said yet again, my heartbeat was still very high and I scrambled across my bed to grab my sketchbook to flip through the pages, wondering if I drew anything. Feeling Edward shifted to me, as he got to thinking maybe it didn't sound all too crazy.

______________________________
"I don't think I should hide out while you are out taking all the risks for me." I followed behind Edward who glanced back over at me coming down the steps from my house.

"If it's Victoria behind this I need you far away from the right as possible." I sighed in frustration and spoke again.

"Jasper said I could be of help," I muttered when Edward looked right back at me.

"We won't need your help, with the wolves in this it will be an easy win." I slowly chewed at my lower lip and then spoke even more.

"Either it's so dangerous that I can't help and be near you, or slowly you'll be worried," I explained. Edward cracked a small smile.

"It's dangerous for you, it's easier for us, I need to keep you safe. " I kept following Edward before I spoke.

"You'll be worried, I'll be worried we've been through this before to prove that when we are away those bad things happened." Edward's face slowly twisted in thought, before he spoke to me slowly nodding his head.

"You're right. " I gazed at him with hope in my eyes.

"So I'm helping?" I questioned he gave a large shake of the head no.

"No will hide away together." I quickly spoke.

"I'm not gonna make you choice between me or your family Edward."

"No I don't want that, I have a plan."

______________________________
"So you are backing out of the fight? What did you pull a muscle or something?" It was a bad time to laugh at Austin's smart mouth so I pushed it away and spoke as I moved around Edward.

"He's doing it for me Austin." Austin shot me a small look as he rolled his eyes playful before speaking folding his arms over his bare chest.

"Whatever just tell me the plan," Austin called out nodding towards Jasper and Edward.

"This clearing will give us a view on the battlefield," Jasper gestured around.

"Elora and me are going up the mountain, up to a campsite away from the battle, We need you to carry Elora because your stench will mask away," Edward spoke out in a hard tone.

"Dude you don't wanna be comparing stench right now," Austin snapped out.

"What he means Austin, your scent will overpower mine if you carry me." I re-explained.

"Alright done." Austin came over to me, and slowly lifted me up, making a loud squeal out holding onto him.

"Got a wolf coming up." Austin looked Edward dead in the eyes.

"Run," Edward ordered. I wrapped my arms around Austin's neck trying to hold on. Looking around the forest.

"Look at you all tough." I joked gently patting Austin's chest.

"Well, I gotta do what Sam's says. He is the alpha even though Jacob is suppose to be alpha but he let Sam be Alpha." Austin explained to me.

I looked up at Austin in confusion. "So Jacob let Sam be Alpha? That's kinda cool." I muttered focusing on Austin keeping my hands on his chest looking around the forest.

"Just know this Elora I know you feel something for me in that little heart of yours," Austin commented. I breathed out a tiny sigh.

"But I don't know how Austin I'm not a wolf I can imprint like you can." I defended. Austin slowly stopped walking gazing down at me.

"It's not about imprinting or being a wolf Elora. It's just about feeling something I've seen it. Between Sam, Leah, and Emily." His deep brown eyes looked into mine focused. And I kept my hands pressed on his chest even more.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna kiss you, not unless you ask me to." His hair was blowing in the wind greatly. I let a small smile go across my face patting Austin's bare chest yet again.

"You'll be holding onto that for a while." He just smiled and continued walking through the forest with me. Keeping his grip on me.