ASTAR HIGH SCHOOL

Day after day passed as usual. I wake up in the morning, go to school, study, lunch, study then club meeting.

Everything seems normal but yet feel odd. There's a rumour spreading around the school and it scared all the students, especially the girls.

I don't know what the rumour is about but I heard a few words like 'girl' and 'raped' and also 'almost'. This rumor made everyone alert and make them direct went back home after school end.

Kai 24/7 is always with Jennie and he willing to send her to class and pick her up. Some people might think him as a clingy boyfriend but to me, he just an overprotective boyfriend. With that I had no time to talk to Jennie even to say 'goodbye'.

I sometimes caught her staring at me while teacher at the front teach us about anatomy. When she know I stared at her back, she turn away with a red face.

I sighed heavily. I miss to talk with her. Currently I'm in the art room along with Bambam and his friend, Jackson. They talked about the spreading rumour while I look outside the window and listening to their conversation.

"They said she didn't want anyone to know about it. Because of that she tried to solve the problem as soon as possible." Jackson said.

"But it all doesn't make sense, how can a drug addict get inside our school without the guard knowing?" Bambam question. There was a rustle beside me, and knowing Jackson try to draw something.

"It's possible," he said firmly as if he confident with his answer.

"What do you mean?"

I watched them from the conner of my eyes, feel interesting with their conversation.

"Our school is very famous because of its beautiful and handsome students, and not because of the property or the ingenuous of its students," he said. "I've told you before that 60% of the students failed their exam but since they have money and title, The Ministry of Education make their grades straight As."

"Wait, it make sense now." Bambam frowning as he tried to figure out a puzzle. "It's all because of money." He said.

Jackson nodded. "All about the kidnapping happened last year is because of money,"

"Last year?" I encountered. They both jump in shock, forgetting I was with them.

"Yeah, it happened every two months." Bambam answered.

"Since when does something like this happen?" I asked. Bambam and Jackson look each other.

"I don't know, maybe it's about a year and half?" Jackson said unsure.

I looked outside the window and at the iron fence. It really impossible for someone to cross that line with that many guards around. My eyes widen as I realized something.

"Do they have CCTV in this school?" I question.

"Actually yes, but no students can get inside the control room without the permission from the student council president," Jackson said.

"But why they didn't use the CCTV to find the culprit?"

"It was deleted before they can find out who,"

"It's look like the system get hack," Bambam added. He look at both of us with a widen eyes. "This is my opinion, I think the culprit is a part of the student council president," he stood up and looked outside the window. "Only five people can use the control room, 4 are from the student council president and 1 is teacher." He said.

"Arg! This mess make me stress!" Jackson exclaimed and gritted his teeth.

The room suddenly fell silent as no one want to speak, thinking about what would happen to this school if the culprit isn't captured before it too late. They told me the school had reported to the police but nothing make it in progress, giving them a fake hope.

The door slammed open all of sudden making us three startled. The person who stand by the door wasn't the person we expected to meet. With her serious face and looking at us sharply, can make Bambam tremble in fear.

"H-Hey?" He said, unsure if he should greet her.

"I heard everything and I want you to help me solve this case," Jisoo said firmly.

We all looked at each other, Bambam nodded while I just shrugged. Jackson sigh and turn towards Jisoo.

"Fine, we will help you." He said and Jisoo smile.

"Thank you,"

I don't know what should I feel right now. I don't even know how I feel. This mysterious case can haunt our dreams at night without realizing it. This culprit is very clever and has money, of course because he went to school here. Like what Bambam said early, the culprit was part of the student council president and was able to get into the control room.

Jisoo took us to investigate together but we refused and told her we will do our own investigation and will inform her if we find anything. It would be a problem if they know about us.

That afternoon, me, Bambam and Jackson planned to meet tomorrow at a place I had once heard a girl screaming for help, after school end. We all agreed and put our stuff into the bag then we bid our goodbye and went home.

The day was getting dark and all the street lights were on. Cars can be heard on the road, everyone wants to go back as soon as possible to their respective homes just to be with their loved ones.

I took a deep breath, wishing I was like that. I used to have someone waiting for me at home which is my sister but now she is gone, so I sometimes have no objective of going back early.

I passed Lisa's house, and saw her standing in front of her window, looking up at the sky in a deep thought. She didn’t notice me so I continued my walk.

As I was about to pass Jennie's house, I heard people bickering. I poke my head to be able to see the owner of the voice and Jennie was the first person I saw then Kai stood in front of her. She pushed Kai away and waved her hand as if she furstrated. I can't hear clearly what are they arguing but I can read their lips a bit.

I noticed what they were saying and the only words I could catch from Jennie is “I’m tired of all this” while Kai repeatedly said “I’m sorry” and went inside her house leaving Jennie alone outside. I was clutching her fence when I saw Jennie squatted and buried her face in her hands while crying. I'm worried about her. Is she okay?

When I almost called her name, Kai came out and pulled Jennie into a hug. She cried in his chest as he stroked Jennie's hair and whispered something in her ear that made me drop my hand from the entrance fence and turned away.

I don't know the words "I love you" can hurt you.