LET THE PAST FLOW AWAY

"don't worry, she did the right thing after that. At least she's not too late to apologized."  Jisoo assures me as I pacing back and forth in the room.

I have been like that since they tell me everything about the truth. The whole truth that I didn't expect it would be.

I caught a pair of eyes staring at me in worried but didn't say any words. Maybe Lisa just want to comfort me with her gaze, knowing that I can't accepted the truth but I need to. I need to knowledge Jennie's background.

"What happened?" I asked, averting my gaze away from Lisa's.

Rosé stood up from the couch while her eyes were still on the phone, making all of us watch her typing something on it. She put her phone in her bag before she was focusing on me with a sad smile.

"Jennie realized what had she done," she said. "She realized the wrong things she has do with the victims especially with that nerd girl." Rosé walk around us slowly while closed her eyes as if trying to calm herself. "She apologized to all the victims and treat them specially. She took care of them, always smiling, always greeting, always protecting them from the others and that's the reason why she became famous in the school. It's because her kindness. But for the victims- it's hard to forgive someone especially someone who had hurt you once."

"So it takes awhile for them to accept Jennie that she already change." Rosé walk over the window to look outside. The cars passed by the same as some of the residents staying here. "Unfortunately, the nerd girl is different from the other victims."

She suddenly fell quiet while watching people walking and talk with each other. I stared at her in wonder, why she stopped. There are so many fixed feelings in her eyes which I couldn't tell what it is.

"You know that the nerd girl used to be their favorite target victim right?" Lisa continued and I nodded. "She's different from others because she got treat worst than them and that made her amitted in hospital." Shocked wash over me. Is that what Jennie means when she said that she was too late? "But... Like we said she did the right thing after that. She keep visiting the nerd girl everyday and apologize what she had done. Somehow the nerd girl forgive her." Lisa sighed sadly looking down at her feet.

"Yeah, I still remember her words before she took her last breath." Rosé said, hesitant if she should say it out loud.

"Last word?" I question.

" 'I forgive you but I don't think my brother do' " Lisa repeat the words that she remember.

"That's it?"

"Uhh yeah? Oh and she said thank you to Jennie for changing herself to be a better person now." Rosé said.

"Give me a moment." I put my finger up and look at my cats. Playing with the toys happily as their mom lick her fur. I want to pet her but not right now. It's not the right time to do that.

Brother.

There's something like a voice said in my mind. I stared at Jisoo who are also waiting for me to speak up what inside my mind.

"Who is her brother?" I asked her. She made the face like she was trying to remember his name.

"If I'm not mistaken, her brother is Seungri." She reply.

"Do you know him?"

"Yeah, he's part of the student council."

Ohhh wait a damn minutes! Something is clicked in the puzzle.

"When he become part of the student council?" I asked another question.

"Hmmm, last year." She hummed. "Why are you asking these questions y/n?"