THE PAST II

Sunlight can be seen through the large window next to us. I could feel sweat running down my forehead. I don’t know the cause of this, is it due to the hot heat or because Jennie is revealing her past.

She never looked me in the eye after saying what had happened in her past. But why do I feel disappointed?

I always thought Jennie was kind, friendly and innocent. But I never even thought that she had ever done anything bad. I am very curious about her past. What had she and the other female students done till one of them are dead?

I looked at her for so long that I saw something very precious. Tears dripped to the floor. As time went on, I heard a sobbed.

"You Don't need to tell me if you aren't ready," I said in panicked. Her cries got louder and I was afraid that the other students would hear her voice. She wiped away the tears with her hands many times. I guess she won't stop, so I pulled her into my arms. Trying to comfort her.

"I don’t want to talk about it but ... I feel all of what has happened in this school is about what we’ve done in the past." She sobbed. What she mean by 'we'?. I lifted her face and let her look in my eyes.

"Do you trust me?" She hesitated to answer. "Jennie Kim, Do you trust me, Eun Y/N?"

"Yes "

"Then let's go,"  I didn’t wait for her to respond and continued to lead her out of the room. As we ran out of the school, she asked me where did I take her to. I smiled, “if you can kidnap me, why can’t I kidnap you?"

Believe me, she looked at me in fear.

• • •

"What are we doing here?"

Jennie looked around this small river. The neatly arranged rocks and the sound of birds in the air make this place looks peaceful, not forgetting the sound of the river. I don't quite remember about this place actually but I once brought all four of them here and told them this is my favorite place. I sighed, I don't think she re-

"Is not this your favorite place?"

-She remembers?!

I looked at her in surprised. Well, at least she didn't forget about this place. I clear my throat before say, "I brought you here so that no one else could hear what we were going to talk about." She slowly looked up at me.

"I-"

"I know you don't want to talk about it," I cut her off. "But Jennie, you need to know, even you say that it is because of your past. We need to solve this problem and save the School before it is too late. I just want to protect you." I mumbled the last part .  It doesn't seem she heard it as she turn around make her back facing me.

A long sighed came out from her. "Does Jisoo and the others know about you?" I question.

"They are my best friends, they know everything what had I done."

I don't feel satisfy with the answer and keep asking her. I know this isn't right for asking a traumatic past but this is the only way I have and it is risk, that will bring her to hate me or even worst she might not want to meet me ever again.

"Do you know all the victims?" It took her a few moments to answer it.

"Yes."

"Do you know who is the culprit?"

"No"

"But?"

"But-"

"I'm waiting."