12

Graduation~

"Woooohooooo we are finally out of school !!" Jin cheered. 

They were now having a small party with friends and mutuals. It was the time to say goodbye to people and this same old city.

"Is that your 5th caprisun?" Jungkook chuckled looking at Jin. 

"I'm grieving okay? you are leaving me alone with Namjoon!!" Jin faked a cry and sipped from his juice bag.

"Hey what's that supposed to mean!?" Namjoon whined.

"I'm drinking my sorrow away !" 

"and Caprisun is the way to go for it?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows.

"You Mr. !! you take care of him in New york !! understand!?" Jin pointed at Taehyung, he looked intimidating and Tae gulped and nodded.

Last month Taehyung's university application was approved and so did Jungkook's internship. Turns out they work around the same 10 miles radius. They could live together.

"Jungkook?" The group heard a small voice from behind. Jungkook obviously recognized that voice, it was Jimin. He had invited him.

"Jimin!! come here!!" Jungkook grabbed Jimin closer and introduced him, "guys, this is Jimin, my friend from the dance studio"

"Oh we have heard a lot about you, I'm Namjoon"

"I'm jin"

"I've heard a lot about you too" Jimin smiled.

"and you already know Taehyung" Jungkook said.

"Yes, how could I not know the most popular guy from my school" Jimin scoffed.

"Before I was the popular guy, I was your lab partner. Thanks to you I passed Biology 2 years ago" Taehyung chuckled.

Jungkook was very happy and content with the way they ended high school. They created a lot of memories, made a lot of new friends. It was bittersweet.

Now it's his time to leave his little birdcage. His little safe space.

**********

2 weeks later ~

"Let's go through our plan one more time" Jungkook jumped excitedly in Taehyung's bed.

"okay"

"first, we get to the apartment we bought, and then we have about a week to settle in. Then my job starts, 1 week later your college life starts. We might get pretty busy now and then but we always make time for each other. We never skip important dates like birthdays, anniversaries, new years..and then weekly or monthly once we catch up with friends here virtually..."

"don't forget my idea.." Taehyung pointed out.

"Yeah, after the first year we go on a little trip to europe" Jungkook clapped his hands excitedly.

Taehyung smiled, "I can't believe that this is actually happening ! I almost gave up on my NYC college goal, because it took so long for them to accept my application"

"It happened because we were meant to be" Jungkook grinned, "and also how cool is that we got to work/study by being around each other"

"Guess we are meant to be then" Taehyung kissed him. "I can't wait to step into the next chapter of our life"

*********************

Goodbyes are always the hardest.

Jungkook tried so hard to keep it together until he got to the airport. But at the airport when his friends and family were waving him goodbye, he lost it.

He didn't want to say goodbye yet. For the past 18 years they were his life. His whole world.

"There's whole new world waiting for you baby, come back to me after exploring it okay?mommy will always be waiting for you" Jungkook's mom wiped the boy's tears.

"I'll be waiting for you too Jungkook-ah" Jin hugged him next.  "and if you decide to get married there, don't forget to call me okay" he whispered, making the boy chuckle.

Taehyung was saying goodbye to his family and friends. 

Jimin came at the last moment, "oh thank god ! I thought I wouldn't make it, stupid traffic!!" Jimin ran to Jungkook and threw himself at his arms. 

"You were my best friend kookie ! I hope you do well, live your life!! When you come back I'll be waiting for you, don't forget me okay?"

"How can I forget you Jimin-ah !!" he hugged him tighter.

"I'll miss you guys so much!" Jungkook hugged all three of friends together, "You three stick together okay?"

Since Jungkook introduced Jimin to Jin and Namjoon they got closer. Jungkook was happy knowing that Jimin would have other friends, and that Jin and Namjoon wouldn't feel alone.

"Goodbye guys. I'll stay in touch" Jungkook said.

He went over and hugged his mom once again and got to to where Taehyung was waiting for him.

Tae smiled at him, "Shall we?" he offered his hands.

"we shall" Jungkook took it.

Happy tears. so far so good !!

Bring it on New york!!