22

With 2 more days left till the wedding, Jungkook decided to go back to Jin and help him with the wedding like he promised.

When he got to Jin's house, he hoped Taehyung wouldn't be there, but to his dismay Taehyung was the one who opened the door.

"Hey, where were you the past 3 days? I thought you went back to Newyork or something" Taehyung said and moved to where he was sitting.

Jungkook came in, "Just helping my mom with something, where is everyone?"

The house was empty.

"Jin went to take a nap, Namjoon and Jimin are out, I'm working" Taehyung said as he took the laptop and started working. "There's some coffee in the pot, do you want me to make you some?"

"Nah, I'll do it myself" Jungkook went into the kitchen and made himself a cup of coffee and came back to the couch.

"Whatcha working on?"

"You never understood a word I said about programming, what are the chances of you understanding them now?" Taehyung chuckled, his eyes focused on the laptop.

"Yeah you are right" Jungkook laughed, stirring his coffee.

They both sat in silence, the only sound that was heard was the typing noise coming from the laptop.

Jungkook took a deep breath, "Yoongi and I broke up," he said nonchalantly. Taehyung stopped typing and looked at Jungkook, the ring in his finger gone. "Just thought you should know," Jungkook added.

Taehyung waited a couple of seconds, "Do you wanna talk about it or be distracted from it?" he asked.

Jungkook nodded.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked, closing the laptop, giving his full attention to Jungkook. He himself doesn't know why he is doing this, or why is treating Jungkook with the utmost care.

"Yes, but I just feel a little weird, being so close to someone one minute and them being gone the next, it feels like losing a part of myself." Jungkook said, placing the coffee back on the table, not wanting to drink it.

"It will be okay koo," Taehyung said softly.

"I wasn't talking about Yoongi" Jungkook looked into Taehyung's eyes.

That's when Taehyung realized that Jungkook meant him. They were so close to each other and one day they just left each other's life. Cutting each other off completely.

"Are we even friends?" Jungkook asked.

"We are," Taehyung replied.

"I keep letting down everyone. I let down Jin when I promised that I'll be there for him but stopped talking to him. I let down my mom, she warned me that if I go to new york, I would lose connections with family and friends, I promised I wouldn't but that's exactly what I did...I promised Yoongi that I will love him forever by accepting the ring, but I let him down by breaking up with him. I let you down too.." Jungkook spoke.

"Hey..you never let me down okay" Taehyung said in the soft voice he always uses on Jungkook and only Jungkook, no one else.

"I did though...on the night of the big fight..the night we broke up--" Jungkook sniffled.

"You didn't let me down, we just made different choices, that's all. It happens and it's okay, I'm not angry at you for choosing your work. Look where you are right now, you run your own office, you get to design according to your interest, you get to display your clothes in fashion shows" Taehyung smiled.