Chapter thirty- two

Garfields POV;

Everything seemed to happen so fast. The glass of juice I had slipped from my hand, crashing and breaking loudly against the floor. All noises seeming to dull into the background, white noise consuming me.

I dropped to my knees next to the couch, pulling Ravens limp body into my arms. A small smile still tugged at her lips, her eyes closed as if in a blissful sleep.

"Raven... Raven..." I shook her a bit, hysteria rising slowly in my now numb body. "Mama, oh god, Raven! I shouted her name, gritting my teeth and I hugged her tightly to my body. "Oh no, mama. Not yet. No..." I sobbed, burying my nose in her hair, her familiar scent being my home; my comfort place.

A hand clasped my shoulder tightly, "beast boy..." Cyborg said quietly from behind me."

"Garfield!" I screamed. "My name is Garfield!" I peered up at him, pure hatred radiating off me. How dare she leave me! How dare she not stay here with me!

Cyborg looked down at me gently, "let's go lay her down, Garfield." His voice was soft as he coaxed me up off the floor.

He ushered me into Ravens room. He left my side to make her bed, "no!" I wailed, "don't touch anything! It's not yours to touch! She's not gone, she's just..." I looked down at her in my arms. Her face seeming a bit more pale then normal. "Just..."

I froze. Just what, Beast Boy? A voice in my head peeped. Just dead. She was gone. I had spent the last few months preparing for her loss, and when it came down to the last few days, everything was so hectic, I forgot what I agreed to when I signed up for this.

"Garfield!" Raven purred from my memories. "Garfield, they're kicking! Look you can see them move!" I closed my eyes, remembering her excited smile, her giggle as I rubbed my hand down her belly.

"Oh babe, you think to much." Raven muttered to me as she flicked my pawn down, "check mate!" She exclaimed with such joy.

I'll never hear her voice again...

I'll never hold her again....

She will never tell me off again, or yell at me again, or or or... She will never do anything with me again...

She will never utter my name in that silky soft voice that seemed to get to me more then anything else...

She was gone.

Somewhere in the heap of thoughts that flooded my mind, cyborg had taken her and laid her down. He had taken me back out to the living room and informed me that starfire was taking care of the babies in the nursery...

Raven painted that nursery... The small voice peeped up a bit louder. Raven made that nursery a home for your children... The voice was getting louder. Raven fought so hard for those babies and for you... The voice began to shout. And you just sit here!

I took in a sharp breath, folding my hands over my ears. Would these tears ever cease?

It's your fault she's gone! The voice screamed. It's your fault we won't see her ever again!

"Stop it!" I yelled, throwing myself back against the couch. "Don't you think I know?!"

"Buddy, are you okay?" Robin asked gently from in front of me.

"Do I look okay?!" I yelled furiously, standing up. "She's gone!"

Robin looked at me with such pitty- I thought I would throw up right there on his shoes.

"Don't look at me like that." I squared my jaw, balling my fists.

"Beast boy, I-"

"Garfield." I said through gritted teeth. "Never again will I be Beast Boy."

"Garfield suits you so much better..." Raven said to me quietly as she laid on my chest. "You're not a boy... Or a beast..." She trailed her finger down my chest, a wild smirk playing on her lips, "well, I suppose you kinda' are."

I closed my eyes tightly, the unwanted memories becoming an unwanted friend who didn't knock at the door.

"You can do this, Garfield. I have faith in you." She said, squeezing my hand in hers.

"Mama, how could I live without you?"

"I guess we will have to see, huh, handsome?" She smiled at me as if I were her world. Her world that she cherished and trusted. The only thing she trusted...

"Garfield, why don't we go for a small walk. Get some fresh air?" Robin suggested, motioning toward the door.

I pulled away from him, "I'll be in Ravens room..." I muttered, sweeping myself out of the room quickly.

I found myself sitting on the edge of the bed, Ravens body laying there peacefully.

"Hey Rae, aren't you going to change into your swim suit?"

"This is my swim suit." She looked at me with such an annoyed expression that it made me smile.

I looked over her, and even though she wore a cloak, I had never seen anyone so beautiful. "Hot." I said with a slight wink.

"Yeah whatever." Her cheeks flushed a pretty pink, her eyes rolling.

I smiled to myself, setting my hand on her unmoving leg. "Raven...." I said quietly. The name was so comforting, as if a simple word could wrap around me and bring me to the home I once knew.

"Stop tickling me!" She yelped pathetically through bursts of giggles.

"Never!" I exclaimed, pulling her down onto my bed.

She landed on me, her hair falling in her face, her hood dropping back. I found myself lost in her eyes, but her lips were soon to find me and rescue me, giving me reassurance on life.

"What'd you do that for?" I asked her quietly.

"Because I can."

My cheeks were hot with tears as I reached up and brushed her hair from her face. "I promise to make you proud..." I whisper, trying my hardest not to choke on my tears. I pressed my forehead to hers, holding her cheek in my hand. "God, I'll always love you..." I shook my head a bit, and kissed her lips tenderly.

Our last kiss.

I straighten up next to her, look straight forward and stand up.

And leave Raven for the first and last time... To go take care of our children, and raise them like Raven would have wanted me too.
___________
The song, I feel, is perfect for Garfield and Raven. 👌 enjoy
I just wanted to say; you guys are the BEST readers, and I love you all 😭❤️