Chapter Twenty- Two

Ravens POV;

"No!" Star screamed as I pulled out a black gown from the rack. "I do not care if it is your wedding. I am not letting you wear such the sadness in your dress! It will be the white, and it will be the beautiful!" She snatched the dress from me and quickly hid it behind a few racks.

The thing was, we were looking for wedding dresses and obviously there weren't many black ones. Pink, white, red, suuuuure. But black? Not so much.

"But I like dark colors, Starfire." I muttered, sitting down on a stool.

"Yes, that is the obvious." She said with a heavy sigh. "But Beast Boy will be filled with much of the happiness if you wear a White dress."

A small smile tugged at my face, "damn, you found my weakness."

She giggled happily and pulled a dress off a rack. "Here, try this on."

The dresses she mainly pick out and had me try on were puffy, Cinderella type dresses. With bows and diamonds, lace. Lace everywhere.

After the sixth or seventh dress, I crossed my arms over my shoulders. "Okay, that's enough. Find me a-"

"But this ones so-"

"Not going to happen!" I yelled as she pulled out the biggest dress yet. "I want a mermaid fit- not suck it up and find me one."

"But-"

"Don't make me regret having you as my maid of honor." I said quietly, holding my temples as I closed my eyes.

She made a small whimper noise but quickly ran off to find a dress. I sat down and sighed, everything was so stressful and complicated. Why couldn't it just be easy. A white cloak- on top of the Titans building... Simple and easy.

"Friend Raven..." Star said cautiously.

"I'm sorry I yelled, Starfire." I breathed. I gave her a weak smile, "I'm just stressed out."

She beamed a smile at me, "that is the okay! But look! I found a dress!" She pulled a dress from behind the corner.

It was a little long, but it was gorgeous. The whole dress was white- but the bodice was covered with purple lace that looped around in intricate designs. The sleeves were gentle black lace, that would only hang off your shoulders a little. The skirt would cling to my hips, then slowly bell out to the side as it got further down.

"Is it not the perfect?" Starfire asked hesitantly after my few minutes at gawking at its beauty.

"No- no- no- no- no!" I rushed over to her and gently took the dress in my hands, cradling it as if it were fragile. "Star, this is perfect. I'm so glad you're here with me." I forced her into a tight hug and laughed a bit, "you're my best friend, thank you so much."

She hugged me back, but didn't say anything. She probably didn't want to ruin the rare moment.

Beast boy would be thrilled, as I already was.

______________

I've been working non stop so it's hard to update :/ the next chapter is going to be the wedding 😍kinda excited! Thanks for reading guys ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️