Chapter five

Ravens POV;

I laid in bed for what seemed like ever, replaying my evening over and over in my head before I eventually fell asleep.

I woke- again- to Robin yelling for us. I grabbed my pillow and covered my face, trying to fall back asleep.

"TITANS!" He screamed.

I groaned, slowly walking out to the living room. "You need to stop this." I mumbled as I walked behind him, pushing him forward and making him stumble.

"Good morning to you, too, Raven." He growled.

"Good morning everyone!" Star Beemed.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked as I poured myself some orange juice.

"I have a date with Kid Flash tonight!" She exclaimed.

"Whoa, what?!" Robin yelled.

I laughed bitterly from behind him, "looks like you lost your chance, Robin." I said quietly.

"You can't go on a date with that jerk!" Robin exclaimed as I sat down and drank my juice, watching the entertainment that began to unfold in front of me.

"And why can I not?" Star asked, folding her hand on her hip.

"Because- because-" Robin tried to grasp a flaw, but kid flash was pretty much perfect.

"Because he's a jerk?" I offered.

"Yes!" He exclaimed loudly.

"But how is he a jerk?" She asked, looking from Robin to me.

I shook my head, "I think you should go." I insisted.

"Raven!" Robin yelled.

"That's for waking me up." I muttered and took a long drag of orange juice.

"What's with all the yelling?" Beast Boy asked, emerging from his room in purple silk boxers, rubbing his eyes.

I felt my cheeks flush, so I looked away and tried to take my mind off him. Come on Raven, i told myself. It's not like you even actually like him.

Now you're lying to yourself? A voice in the back of my head asked.

I'm not lying. There are no feelings other them friendship toward him.

Stop trying To convince yourself. The voice chastised. I mean just look at him.

I looked up at him, he now leaned against the wall, one leg bent so his foot was planted on the wall, his arms crossed over himself. His face was unamused as he looked at Robin. Apparently I was staring because I caught his attention. He smiled a bit at me, meeting me eyes and not looking away.

I couldn't look away from his eyes... The depth of the green was never ending. How could I feel this way for him? He was silly, obnoxious, and down right stupid sometimes... But just thinking about all of that made me smile.

"Hey, Rae." He said softly.

My eyes widened, my mouth opened, and I quickly looked away. I felt foolish. What was I doing? I was leading him on- he had to think that I liked him by now. we nearly kissed yesterday...

I squeezed my eyes shut, this couldn't be happening. I couldn't let him know how I felt. He could never love me; I wouldn't let him. I was far to dangerous; the next demon To take my Fathers spot... I couldn't ever hurt these guys. Especially not Garfield...

I could feel my heart breaking just thinking of being mean to him. But that was the only way. I needed to be distant- I needed him to know that there would never be anything between us... No matter how much I wanted there to be.