Chapter Seven

Ravens POV;

I had fallen asleep in a puddle of my own tears.

I was woken up by Starfire who had made me breakfast. She helped me sit up and then sat with me through the morning. She told me that the guys had gone out shopping together, and they they would be back later.

"I'm sorry to be of the bother..." Star said quietly as she looked down at her plate of food. "But what happened last night between you and Beast Boy?"

I put down my fork and leaned heavily against the back of the couch. "I finally got it through to him that I no longer want him around me."

Star jerked her head sideways to look at me, "you can not be serious."

I sighed, "can I tell you this without you telling anyone else?" I asked, knowing I couldn't actually trust her. She would tell Robin and Robin would Te Garfield.

"Oh yes! I am good with the secrets!"

But it didn't matter of she told anyone because I needed someone to talk to. "My father is the Great Demon. And one day, soon, I'll be the person to take over his spot. Soon, I will be the great demon, and I will be a ruthless killing machine incapable of sorrow or love..." I looked up at star, her face painted with emotion. "I'm being selfish and pushing Beast Boy away because I don't want to get hurt more then I know I already will be. And I don't want to crush Garfield like I know I will."

She was quiet for a second, then she set a hand on my knee, "you could never be the Evil. You are a teen Titan after all. And one way or another Beast Boy will come to you with his affections. And how you take that, will be up to you." She said it gently, but with power behind it.

I shook my head, "I plan on getting rid of all of his affections toward me. He can not love me. He can not feel anything besides hate toward me. And I will make sure that happens. Even if I have to sacrifice myself earlier then planned."

"sacrifice?" She asked, "what are you talking about?"

"I'm going to sacrifice myself to the Devil so I don't become the next Great Demon." I said as I turned back to pick at my plate. "I need to make sure that this blood curse ends with me."

"You can't kill yourself!" Star yelled frantically. "What would I do without you?"

"Don't worry about it, Star. I don't have to do it for a while." I gave her a small smile.

I took in a deep breath, my eyes getting heavy. Star must have noticed because she quickly fluffed my pillow and helped me lay down. "Rest." She whispered as I passed into unconsciousness.

"Kill herself?!" Robin shouted.

I knew she couldn't keep anything a secret. But instead of opening my eyes, I laid there motionlessly- keying in on their conversation.

"She does not want to be the great demon." Star informed them.

"So she's going to kill herself?!" Cyborg asked harshly. "Does she not care about how we feel about this?!"

"She's doing this for us." Star said quietly. "She doesn't want any of us to get hurt."

"What do you think, BB?" Cyborg asked.

"I honestly don't care." He muttered. "She can do whatever she wants- I don't care anymore."

"Oh no." Star said. "She was right."

"Right about what?" Beast Boy asked.

"Maybe this is best for you..." Starfire sighed. "I don't think you would take her death to great if you knew how she felt about you."