Chapter Twenty

Ravens POV;

The orange sun glowed against beast boys green skin, illuminating the strands of his hair as he knelt down in front of me. The ring sparkled, dazzling me even more every second.

"Garfield." I said softly, the words 'My Raven' continued to play over and over in my head. I wasn't sure how long we had been standing there in silence, but his smile soon was gone, replaced with a face of worry and rejection.

He stood up and closed the gap between us, his hand snaking threw my hair and over my ear. His touch sent pleasant sensations through my body. He rested his forehead too mine. Only to come closer to me as he wrapped his arm around my waist to hold me close.

"I love you." He whispered. "Raven, we don't have much time left. And I want to make this all worth it for you. I want to give you everything you've ever asked for. And don't act like you don't fantasize about marrying me- 'cause I'd call bullshit so quick."

I chuckled softly as I leaned my face into his hand. "I love you too, Garfield. Of course I'll marry you."

After a few seconds of quietness, "wait, what? Seriously?" He shouted excitedly, quickly wrapping both arms around me and pulling me up; twirling me around as he laughed. "Oh Raven!"

As he set me down, I met his eyes, "are you sure you're ready for this?" I said quietly. "You don't have to do anything you don't-"

"Oh, Shut up." He said with an eye roll, forcing a kiss to my lips. "You're one lucky lady, Rave."

"And why would that be?" I asked curiously.

"Because you get to marry aaaaall this." He said, running his hands down his body and wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I couldn't help but laugh, shaking my head at him. "Oh yeah, so lucky."

All joy slowly drained from Garfields face. "When do we tell everyone?"

My face fell as well as I looked to the ground. "We should probably do that tonight..."

"They're going to be so mad..." He whimpered.

I took his hand in mine and smiled at him, "if they love us, they will only be happy."

"They won't be happy that we hid it for so long..." He breathed and hung his head.

"It's our relationship, not theirs. We don't need their permission for us to happen. I love you and-"

"And I love you." He said quietly as he quickly pulled me toward him. Our faces were inches apart, and even though we had been together for a little over a month, my heart still thudded loudly in my chest. "Have I told you how gorgeous you look tonight?" He whispered as he brushed my hair back.

"You never forget to tell me." I said with a small smile. "And you look very handsome." I leaned in and pressed my lips to his, my stomach fluttering at his touch. We kissed a few more times before he pulled away and heaved a sigh. "I guess we should go."

I kissed him again, "I suppose we should..." I giggled a bit and kissed him tenderly, nibbling on his lip.

"Oh, Mama." He said, pushing me away slightly. "You drive me crazy." He said in a low voice as he closed his eyes and took in a few deep breathes. "Let's go, missy."

____________________

Thanks for reading guys! I love all my readers ❤️ you guys are the BEST :D