Chapter Twelve

Ravens POV;

I held Garfield closely as we ran through the portals back home. I laid him on the couch and sat on the floor next to him. What was I going to do? I didn't know how to get a soul back... I guess I would have to fight my father for it. Or maybe I could trade my soul for his... Or promise him to take over as the great demon...

I scowled as the elevator dinged, and Terra stepped out.

"Hello?" She called.

Terra. Tall, skinny, baby blue eyes and in love with Beast Boy.

I ground my teeth together. They had just barely broken up a few weeks ago. "What do you want?"

She looked over and saw me, then noticed beast boy. She rushed over and leaned over the couch, petting back his hair. I wanted to swat her hand away... No, I wanted to swat her out the window and watch her fall to her death.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked urgently.

"He lost his soul." I said quietly. Refusing to look at her. It would only fuel my anger if I did.

"What?!" She yelled, "oh no, that's not good. Will he be okay?"

I rolled my eyes, "I have to go get his soul back." I glanced over at her, "stay here with him and make sure he doesn't get into any trouble."

She smiled a bit as she looked down at him, "it would be my pleasure."

I wasn't sure why they broke up- I just knew they did.

I stood up and warfed a hole to go back where we just were. Back to barter my life for his.

I glanced over my shoulder at terra, who now sat on the edge of the couch. Watching him intensely.

I walked through the hole before I got angry over nothing. I had no right to get angry. He wasn't mine to get emotional about.

But he's not hers, either, Raven. A voice in the back of my head purred.

He's more hers then he is mine.

I ignored the voice as I walked back up tony father. "I want his soul." I said loudly, grabbing his attention.

"Doesn't it suck when you don't get what you want?" My father asked, shrinking down so he was my height.

"I'm willing to make you a deal..." I said hesitantly. How could I be so selfish to even think twice about this?

But either way I was being selfish. Only saving his soul because I knew I couldn't live without him, or at least live without knowing he's okay.

His eye brow perked up, "what would that deal be?"

"Give me his soul, and I pledge to become the great demon when my time comes." I said firmly, my voice unwavering.

"Are you sure that's an even trade?" He asked, "this soul means that much to you?" I nodded, then my father drew his hand out in front of me. "A drop of your blood."

Pulling out a knife I kept in my belt, I slit a small cut into the palm of my hand, wincing at the stinging pain that lay beneath the blade. Holding my hand out, I squeezed a drop of my blood on to my fathers had and watched it sizzle away.

I looked up to my father who was smiling triumphantly at me, but he quickly reached behind him and grabbed a green orb. "I'm sorry I had to do this."

"No you're not." I said, before falling back into a black portal, and landing in the titans kitchen.

"You're back?" Terra asked. She hadn't moved from the couch.

I was only gone for a short time; but she didn't understand how much happened in that short time. I had gotten his life back, but sold mine away.

"I brought his soul back..." I knelt in front of him and held the orb over his chest.

In seconds, it burst out into lights. The lights transforming into animals, such as rhinos, jaguars, lions, and gorillas, running around and diving back into Beast Boy.

He took in a sharp breath and sat up quickly, his hand shooting to his chest.

"Shhh." I hushed, setting a hand on his arm. "It's alright. Just lay back down, Garfield."

"Garfield? Who's-"

"Raven?" Beast boy cut Terra off. "What happened?"

"My father took your soul. But I got it back for you." I set my hand on his forehead. "Just rest, okay?"

As I retracted my hand, he grabbed it, his finger tracing over the fresh cut mark. "Rae." He croaked. "What happened to your hand?"

I let him hold my hand for a second longer, cherishing his touch, before I pulled away and shoved my hand back in my cloak. I could feel my cheeks burning red, "don't worry about it, just rest."

"But-"

"Are you okay now, B?" Terra asked, cutting him off. "I was very worried."

"Terra?" He asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you. I missed you... And then I found you like this- alone." She wrapped her hands around his. "I couldn't just leave you here, so I took care of you."

I stifled a laugh as I shook my head, retreating back to my room. "She hasn't changed." I muttered.

"Raven?" Beast Boy called out. I looked over my shoulder to see him peeking over the couch at me, "I want to know how you got my soul back."

"My father gave it go me." I said with a shrug.

"We both know that's a lie."

I just looked at him for a while, glad he was alive. He had saved me- again. This was the least I could do for him. "Well, then let's pretend." I said quietly, then shut the door.

For a while I just stood there, looking at my door. Terra was back now. There was no way I would ever get alone time with him. She would always be with him- and she never cared for me very much. I felt my heart tighten. I didn't have much time; I had to spend it the way I wanted to. But hurting people in the process wasn't what I wanted to do...

I set my hand on the door, wishing he would jut tell her to leave. Tell her to go away and to never come back.

Then come to me. I thought. Want me. Love me. Be with me.

I felt hopeless. Standing there- knowing I was unloveable. I leaned my head against the door, feeling tears spill over my eyes.

Why can't you love me?