Chapter four

Beast Boys POV;

I can't believe she went on that date... I stay sat on my bed, legs crossed closely in front of me as I looked down at the sheet. How could she do this to me? Wasn't it obvious how I felt?

I threw myself back onto my bed, why are you so stupid? A voice screamed in the back of my head. It's not like she would even feel the same way back.

Feel what back? I did not have feelings for Raven. I was not going to become like Robin and become infatuated with someone I worked with. It was stupid. Petty. Immature...

That's exactly what Raven would say... I sighed and cast my arm over my face. You don't like her. I thought. You only like her as a friend. I snorted, yeah right. Who was I kidding.

There was Robin; who was my friend. Starfire; who was my close friend. Cyborg; who was my best friend... And then there was Raven... She wasn't my friend. She was my Raven. That was the best way I could put it. I likes her more then I liked my friends.. But in a different way.

Like if Cy ran out with a girl I wouldn't be thriving in jealousy and heart ache like I was now.

"This is ridiculous." I muttered into my arm. I sat up and went out into the loving room. The us had set and everyone was in their rooms, either sleeping or entertaining themselves.

I plopped down on the couch and grabbed a game paddle, turning the system. I began to play before I heard the door open. I quickly paused it so I could hear what was going on.

"Thanks for dinner." Raven croaked.

"Maybe again sometime?" Aqualad said from just outside.

"Don't count on it." She said with her normal attitude before shutting the door in his face and turning to look around the room.

I grabbed my controller and started playing, acting as if I didn't see her.

"Oh, Beast boy." She said quietly.

I smiled over at her, keeping my eyes on the game, "hey Rae. How was the date?"

"For the last time." She growled. "It's wasn't a date." She grabbed some left overs out of the fridge.

I chuckled softly, "then how was... Whatever it was?"

She shrugged. "I just don't like him like that. And no one ever listens to me."

"Hey!" I objects loudly, pausing my game. "I listen!" I walked over to the island that she prepared her good at and sat down on a stool. "So what happened?"

"Nothing." She said blandly.

"You don't want to talk about it?" She shook her head. "Did you at least get some kissing action?" Just asking sent a pain through my chest.

She glared at me, "you're being very annoying."

I held up my hands defensively and returned to the couch. "Fine." I mumbled as I began to play my game again.

She huffed a sigh as she sat down next to me. I threw a side glance at her, surprised she didn't run off to her room.

We sat there for a while, not talking. I played my game and she ate; and it was a comfortable silence. A comfortable air hung between us.

"Beast boy." She said quietly.

"Yeah?" I asked, jabbing a button on my controller.

"It wasn't a date." She said, but this time it was more for me and less for herself. Before it was like she was trying to convince herself, but now she was trying to convince me.

"Did you at least have fun?" I looked over at her after pausing my game.

She shook her head. "No, it really sucked."

I laughed, resting back with her. "There are plenty of fish in the sea, I guess."

She looked up at me and I could see her cheeks blush slightly. "I don't like fish..." She said quietly.

"Good thing I'm a shape shifter then..." I chuckled, regretting what i said quickly. It was meant as a joke, but I was scared she could see the truth in my words.

She laughed softly. Her laugh. Her laugh was pure harmony. It was a once in a great while thing; that she actually laughed. And I was always more then happy to be the person to bring it out in her.

I smiled warmly at her, "I wish you would laugh more..."

"You wish a lot of things." Rae said, setting a hand on my head before she stood to go back into her room.

"Hey, thanks for hanging out with me..." I mumbled, looking forward at the non moving tv.

"Any time, Garfield." She said softly before I heard the soft clicking other door shutting.