Chapter 16

A/N if you want to know what any of the colors in here are search them up, Arctic Fox brand.

Pulling my sister into the living room with me I set her in front of the coffee table. "You see brother's hair? It's all long now and kind of blonde from the bleach" I start complaining about my hair.

"Olive" Lily laughs at me plopping onto the couch. "Right stay on topic" I huff setting out all the hair dyes we had stashed under the sink. "Which color do you think will look best in brother's hair" I point to the bottles and then my hair.

Evelyn stands and giggles looking through all of them. "Dis! Dis! Dis!" She squeals and I pick up the bottle. "Periwinkle" I look over to Lily who nods in approval. "I like it, good choice Evie" I kiss her head, scooping the rest of the bottles up.

Lily helps and we shove the rest of them under the sink. She takes the bleach out and the scissors come soon after from the drawer. Evie was watching from the doorway excited to see what we were doing.

I go to the kitchen and we lay a towel underneath the chair before I sit down. She doesn't do much besides chop some of my hair so it wasn't as long. "I'm going to try and not re-bleach the already blonde parts" she hums to herself patting my hair as I usually do.

I watch her as she gets the brush out. Putting the powder into one of the plastic bowls followed by a few drops of solution. She mixes that around and soon is applying it to my hair. "Real quick are we keeping the sides brown... I don't know I feel like the dark brown and periwinkle will look good together" she asked going straight to the longer strands.

"Yeah sounds cool- if we don't like it I can always dye it" I shrug and she nods again moving to my roots. "So what colors am I dying your hair?" I ask as she moves behind me.

"I'm thinking split dye?" She more asks for my opinion. "Neat, what colors?" I pry getting excited. "Purple Rain and aquamarine" she hums and I smile. "I'm already in love" I cheer as she goes to rinse the brush off, setting it down.

The bag is placed over my hair and we switch spots.  "Shoulder length sir" she cheers and I take the scissors cutting little by little. She watches in her little mirror telling me whenever I was starting to go a little uneven. Which was hardly ever. One thing about being an artist is that I had very steady hands.

By the time I had finished, it was time for the next step. We go to the bathroom the little footsteps of the baby following. I smile as I take the bag off looking at all the blonde and then my dark brown sides. Cleanly shaved by Lily herself.

I lean over the bathtub side and Lily grabs the shower head-warming it a little before spraying down my head. I shut my eyes and wait until the towel is thrown over my head.

Wrapping it up before standing and sending a goofy face to my little sis. She giggles and hugs my leg. "Hawo Hawo!" She giggles pointing up at me. "Yes my hair is different" I laugh picking her up. "Once we're done with bleaching Lily's it's going to be even weirder" I chuckle kissing her nose.

She reaches up for the towel tapping it. Bringing both girls out to the kitchen I set Evie on the ground and she flips on her butt watching us in awe. Lils sits again and I start bleaching from the bottom up.

"Your red was pretty dark so I say keep it in a little bit longer... fifteen minutes" I estimate and she gives me a thumbs up. It took a bit and when I was done I put her hair up in a bag cleaning the brushes and my hands thoroughly before serving Evie some lunch.

As she ate I helped Lily rinse out her bleach and we quickly moved onto dying mine. When Evelyn rounded the corner she squealed setting her bowl of graham crackers to the ground.