Bonus chapter ||

"Here we are" I mumble as we drove past the sign welcoming us into our old town. We had rented a van, this family too big for anything else. Axel was driving his smile seeming almost cautious.

Lily and Shea are in the back both of them pressing their faces to the windows whispering or shouting about something they remembered from when we were younger. Evelyn looked around curious and you could tell she had no idea where we were. I sigh and sat back up against my chair.

I had Ace in my lap because he was being a very fussy child after he woke up from his nap. "Are we done crying?" I coo and he puts his head back to look at me his fist going to his mouth.

"God- here we are" Axel whispers and I look up at Lily's old house. She had been renting it out but left it unoccupied for our trip. "Are we here!" Evie shouts and I chuckle looking back to nod.

Axel turns the van off and I lean over getting a kiss from him. Stepping out of the van I move our baby to my hip as he looks around excited. The now two year old was very curious.

Lily opened the door and stepped out putting a hand to her mouth. "It's the same" she whispers tears in her eyes. "We aren't" I smile trying not to get emotional.

Evelyn jumped out of the vehicle her long curly hair pulled into ponytail with teal stripes running through it. "Have I been here before?" She asked turning back to look at us. Evelyn was now ten so, I wouldn't be surprised if she forgot.

I almost started crying then and there. I could basically see her in her swimsuit as we sat in the tiny pool sipping away on orange juice or when we would all watch Ice Age and Mickey Mouse just for Sid and Donald Duck.

When I had to take her to the hospital. Or when our everyday snack was baby carrots. "We use to live here" Lily barely manages to get the words out as Axel opens the trunk of the van.

The baby in my arms wiggles and I look down at him. "Papa!" He points down and I nod setting him on the ground. Giggling he waddles onto the lawn before flopping on the ground.

"Oh my god- he looks so cute" Lily panics running over to grab her camera before going to take pictures of our child playing with the grass. "I lived here?" Evelyn asked me tugging on my shirt.

"We both did- with Lily" I answer and she does as well. "Do our mom and dad live here" I gulp at her words. "I'm not sure if they still live here or not" I answer truthfully and she nods moving to help me grab some luggage.

I go to the back and hug my husband who flips around and smiles kissing me. "Where's Ace?" He asks grabbing my hips. "Photoshoot with Lily" I laugh and he smiles nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Can we leave yet?" He groans and I sigh hugging him tightly. "No, I really need to give Evelyn a chance to meet them... plus Lily's photoshoot is only a few minuets away" I grumble and he nods.

"I know- I'm just scared. What if they do something to you, or Evelyn, or our son." He groans and I shake my head. "Don't you worry Oliver here is famous now- if he goes missing everybody will know" Lily laughs.

"Way to be optimistic" Shea adds. I smile but immediately pull away from Axel to go find Evelyn and Ace. I don't trust them alone here.

I immediately felt better seeing the two laying in the grass. Ace scrambled on top of Evelyn and she giggled playing with his hair.

"Want to go grocery shopping?" Axel asked putting some suitcases inside. "No?" I answer truthfully. "Shea and I will unpack" Lily suggests taking her wife's hand before grabbing a few suitcases.

"Evie are you staying here or do you want to go grocery shopping!?" I call and she sits up throwing Ace off of her. He sits up as well glaring at her before ultimately standing and waddling over to me.