Chapter 56 (Last Chapter)

"I'm so nervous! Why am I nervous!" I look to my best friend who was once again crying. Two years we've been in California and it was happening. Today was the day.

"Stop being nervous! You're graduating. There's nothing to be nervous about" she hugs me tightly as I get ready to go in the back room with the other kids graduating.

"Hey, we're here!" Axel comes running down the hall my now four-year-old sister running next to him. "We are here!" She repeats running over to hug me. I lift her and she immediately starts playing with my cap.

"Yay!" She yells and I kiss her no longer chubby cheeks before walking over to my boyfriend. "Thanks for bringing her" I whisper kissing his cheek. "Of course I had to talk with her anyways" he chuckles looking over to Evelyn who started giggling.

"Okay?" I say a little suspiciously. "I can't believe it's today. You're- ugh I'm so nervous" he lets his head fall back and Lily starts snickering. "He's more nervous than you" she mocks.

Taking a deep breath I hug them tightly before giving Evelyn up. "I love you guys" I murmur before handing off my sister. "I'll be back soon" I whisper before running off to join my class in the back room.

Once we had done our walk and had sat down, Matty began his speech. "I must say many of my students have done exceptional things- I'm proud to say that these students; Maggie Ray, Jersey Terms, Daniel Vesvy, Oliver Slen, and Emmet Dayne will be rewarded with one of their art pieces in one of my public galleries for the best of the best to see" he throws his hands up and everybody erupts into cheers as I stare straight ahead, frozen.

He did say my name, right? Once the cheering had died down there was a final shout that made me sink in embarrassment. "That's my baby! Momma is so proud Oliver!" Lily screams and I cover my face.

Matty chuckles as the room covers their laughs. He continues with the rest of his speech before it finally comes to an end. This time I erupt into cheers with the rest of the room, throwing our caps up. They were decorated to match our personalities.

I attempted to catch my own as it fell but it was such a mess I didn't find it till much later when somebody I didn't know, a girl in my class handed it to me. "Here, I'm a really big fan of your work by the way. I know you'll become a great artist" the girls tell me as I hug the cap to my chest.

"Thank you" I smile kindly at her and she nods before running off. I made my way through families and excited people before finally finding my own. Lily led us to a not-so-crowded room and I hugged her as Axel set my sister down looking between us with an unsure smile.

"This is the best day of my life. Did you hear him! He said my name right!? You heard it too!" I was bouncing up and down shaking with excitement before grabbing my sister and spinning her around.

She giggled and kicked before I let her back down. "I heard your name too! Of course, I heard your name!" Lily shouts jumping even higher. "I don't have to go to school ever again!" I shout before turning back to Axel.

"It's the happiest day of your life?" Axel asks and I look into his eyes with the biggest smile I could muster. "Yes. I never thought I would get here. I'm doing something with my life" I hug him and he nods rubbing my back.

"Is there any way I can make it better?" He continues letting go of me. I look up to think. "I don't think so... I mean I've got all three of you. Evelyn is going to be starting school soon she's happy in dance. Lily has a year of photography left and you're finally getting comfortable. I'm done with this! I really can't even think of anything else!" I laugh trying to hug him again.

He backs away shaking his head. "Well I'm still going to try" he chuckles and I give him a confused look before looking back to Lily who was just as confused. Evelyn was dancing around her excited.