Chapter 21

Switching child time. I bounced the baby on my hip, groaning when I realized she dropped her stuff toy. I hurry back to get it and then go straight for our meeting spot in the front.

"You did so good being quiet in class today" I thank her and she gurgles going back to her toy. Lily had got out of class a tad bit earlier. So I spot her in the distance my uniform in hand.

We quickly switch and I kiss my sister goodbye. "I'll be home soon" I whisper and she waves to me goodbye. "I'll see you later" I shout to Lily, already running into the nearest bathroom.

I go into the stall and change into my uniform, slipping my phone into my pocket. I held the clothes to my chest, my supplies in my locker. I look into the mirror lifting my shirt a bit.

"They are pretty healed up" I cheer to myself. There wasn't much pain anymore besides if I turned to a certain side too fast and hard. I drop my belt and curse. This is going to be a long-ass run.

I need to get there and fast. My shift... I knew I wasn't going to make it in time, yet I still fucking took it! Taking my phone from my pocket I text Axel, knowing Lily was gone and I didn't want her to have to bring Evelyn back.

'Are you on campus?' I started towards the entrance anyway hoping he'd answer fast. The ding brings my hopes up and I look to my phone. 'Just about to leave, why?' He replies and I quickly turn and head towards the parking lot.

I got there out of breath but found him looking at the phone and then around waiting for me. I probably should have answered. "Sorry I should have texted you- is there any way you could keep my clothes in your satchel and I'll get them later or you could drop them off... pleaseeee" I beg holding the big bundle.

"Sure thing" he opens the satchel and I shove my clothes into it feeling insanely bad. "I am so sorry, thank you for this" I rush out going over to him and kissing his cheek.

As I ran the other way I couldn't help but smile. I kissed his cheek. I'm allowed to do that because he's my boyfriend. He wants me to do that... I mean I think so at least.

I was running as fast as my legs would let me and halfway there I gave up breathing heavily. I walked, but there was no way I was making it on time. I should have just asked for a ride. I didn't want to use him and I know he has night shifts.

He just started working as a bartender about a week again but he seems to like it. Lily loves it. A minute more and the building comes into view. I once again burst into a full-on sprint through the back door.

"Woah what's the rush" Ty laugh as I throw my wallet and phone into my locker. "I'm late" I shout trying to get to my station. "By what like two minutes" he laughs and I shrug panicking.

"So does that mean I'm not getting in trouble," I say hopeful and he looks at me with shock. "Half these brats don't even show up" he scoffs and I hold in a laugh.

"Anyways I actually needed to talk to you" he seems reluctant and all my nerves immediately came back. "A-are you firing me!?!" I stammer bring a hand to my head.

"I'll have to start all over, all the promotions and raises... I'll have to travel even farther" I begin mumbling to myself trying to figure it out. "You're not being fired" he attempts to calm me.

I suck in a deep breath, exhaling deeply. "I'm sorry- I overreacted" I admit and he looks me over, with a bit of worry. "I feel awful asking this of you, but you're good at art, correct?" He asks and I nod.