Chapter 24

"Oliver! I need you to serve tables!" Ty shouts back and my heart sinks. He makes his way through the crowded kitchen and to me. "Do I have to?" I ask and he gives me an apologetic nod.

"Fine..." I grumble throwing my gloves onto the counter and taking the apron off. I hang it over the counter before checking myself in the bathroom mirror.

"All the stuff you need is on the counter" he points over to the front before running back into the kitchen. I squeeze through people, grabbing the notebook and pen on the way out.

"Fag! Table seven!" I believe Jeremy shouts. "Why?" I turn back to him and he shrugs. "I want to see how the man reacts to you" he laughs and I cringe. Don't make eye contact and you'll be fine.

I hurry over to the table notebook up. My eyes glued to it. Wasn't the best plan but it was all I had. "Hello, what would you like to drink," I ask ready to scribble whatever it was down.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" His voice was full of concern and I groan internally. "Axel you scared the crap out of me" I drop my hands to my side finally looking at him.

"What? How? I didn't do anything" he asks. I look over my shoulder to the kitchen. "I think they expect you to get mad at me, they sent me over to get yelled at" I chuckle raising my notepad back up.

"What why?" His face grows angry and I can practically hear the workers laughing behind me. "Because you're scary looking and I'm gay" I explain and he rolls his eyes.

"Scary looking? Really?" He asks and I nod. "Dont worry it makes you hot" I assure him and he nods again content with my words. "Now tell me what you want to drink" I tap the pen and he nods. "Pepsi" he shrugs before grabbing a menu off the table.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I ask while he flips through it. "Eating" I take a deep nose breath. "There are many places closer to your apartment" I remind him and he taps his chin to think about it.

"There's a really cute worker here" he whispers and my eyes widen before going back to the ground. "I'm going to go get your drink now" I grumble turning the other way.

"Awww look at Oliver's face! Did the big scary man say some mean words?" Jeremy speaks again with a baby voice as I look to the ground. Yeah, that's not it at all.

I ignore all their taunts and hurry to bring Axel his drink watching for feet. I do not want to fall in front of him. I give him his drink and a straw which he takes gladly.

"Do you need more time or are you ready to order?" I ask and he puts the menu back up where it was before. "I'll just have a chicken sandwich" he sits back and I nod. "Grilled or fried?" I asked writing things down.

"Fried" he smiles looking me up and down. "What side do you want?" I ask and he scoots closer to the end. "Salad" he answers and I write that down as well.

"Anything else?" I continue and he shakes his head. "Okay I'll be right back" I smile turning back for the kitchen. There's a light tap on my ass and I whip back around. "Axel" I grumble under my breath as he gives me an innocent smile. "Couldn't resist" he teases and I roll my eyes walking back into the kitchen.

"Here's the order for table seven" I shout putting the paper behind the rest of them. I couldn't stop myself from taking peeks to his table. I felt like a stalker but he was just so attractive.

I left to take care of another table, coming back with their order. "Fag! Table seven is ready!" Our chef calls and I nod. "My name is Oliver" I mutter getting a hand on my shoulder.

"What did ya say?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes. "I told you my name" I chuckle and he squeezes my shoulder. "Just take the order to the table, I hope he beats your ass for taking so long" he laughs and I just glare at him.